Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brakes stick when switching to reverse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We reported the issue`s for years and when we went back to review we were saddened to see that the service writer had erasing items or complaints off our work orders after we left! dozens of work orders altered....What do you do with that Take Tesla to court. Really sick stuff!
What about the new SC that fixed your problem? They, too, have no records?

What about the new SC that fixed your problem? They, too, have no records?
Thats a good question, Not sure if it is or not. I`m sure Tesla is handling ongoing defects the same way everywhere. My health requires that I avoid stress like this and to tell you the truth. I really don`t want to pick a fight with one of the biggest company`s in the world. Whats really sad is you do the right thing for the planet then they do this. We ordered a Y but canceled it just not worth all the drama. Looking at the Subaru or Toyota EV.

Great Car the S and we will keep it, plus we cant afford to sell it . I just would not recommend Tesla to anyone untill they grow-up! Might be awhile.....

Last edited:
Thats a good question, Not sure if it is or not. I`m sure Tesla is handling ongoing defects the same way everywhere. My health requires that I avoid stress like this and to tell you the truth. I really don`t want to pick a fight with one of the biggest company`s in the world. Whats really sad is you do the right thing for the planet then they do this. We ordered a Y but canceled it just not worth all the drama. Looking at the Subaru or Toyota EV.

Great Car the S and we will keep it, plus we cant afford to sell it . I just would not recommend Tesla to anyone untill they grow-up! Might be awhile.....
Sorry to beat a dead horse then. It’s not about picking a fight with them. It’s a question of standard service practice to intake/diagnose/repair/release a car. How are they communicating with you all this time then? Surely not by phone so there has to be a record via the app and/or txt msgs? I’ll stop here as your prob is fixed to your satisfaction so that’s all that matters.

Sorry to beat a dead horse then. It’s not about picking a fight with them. It’s a question of standard service practice to intake/diagnose/repair/release a car. How are they communicating with you all this time then? Surely not by phone so there has to be a record via the app and/or txt msgs? I’ll stop here as your prob is fixed to your satisfaction so that’s all that matters.
In before the “well it came back” post this fall/winter when it rains again ;)

Tesla finally fixes the locked up brake issue! They picked the S up at the house and shipped it down to Southern California to the Agoura Hills Survice Center last summer. We can report that all is well, no problems at all. First time sense 2019 the car operated correctly when attempting to drive. the service team in Agoura Hills deserve a thumbs up on this one. I must say we never met them but whatever the issue, its fixed. What a nightmare it would appear it was no more than a onging personality indifference with the service department at our Santa Barbara location.The good news is the service manager from Agoura Hills now works in Santa Barbara. We always new we had the best built car in the world now we get to enjoy it.

One year later, we're still anxiously waiting...lol.
Yah, not sure why all the secrecy. People want to call Tesla out for many things, which often times they deserve, but there is always a paper trail, even if the diagnosis is “Can’t reproduce” or all the fixes were done under “Goodwill”.
@jslewis58 its not like you did anything wrong here to cause your brake issues, so why not let us know what the root of the problem was and what they finally did to alleviate them?