Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brakes sticks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we don't use the brakes that much but I'm having a issue. Every time when we go to leave the house when I put it in reverse the car makes a loud clunking noise. After the first initial moving of the car it doesn't happen again until the next day or two. The rotors have a light surface rusting (more like a film of tan dust) in the brake area of the rotor but the rest of the rotor is rusting pretty good. It is way worse if I wash the car in the evening and don't drive it for a day or two. Unfortunately I don't get to drive it all the time so if it sits for two or more days I really have to put the pedal down for it to move. Anybody have this going on

IIRC, speculation on other threads is that the parking brake rusts to the rotor in those types of situations and then they have to "break free" which causes that clunking sound.

Yes, that's the reason. When put away wet, your brakes will stick to the rotor. It's normal for them to break loose like that. Happens to a lot of cars that use bigger brakes.