Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brammo Inc motorcycles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
They are now selling a Best Buy. El Segundo (Near SpaceX0

Electric motorcycle maker Brammo gains momentum | Up to Speed | Los Angeles Times

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a68d1e81970c-320wi.jpg

They did a tour a well.
While Shocking Barack was intended to show "the current administration and hopefully the president himself ... that there is an electric vehicle you can buy right now," the tour wound up shocking Bramscher, whose company attracted so much attention with the tour that the CEO was invited to join more than 100 other leaders of the clean-energy economy at a White House forum Wednesday hosted by Energy Secretary Steven Chu....

Bramscher was able to not only meet with his state's two U.S. senators -- Democrats Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkley -- but also to actually let them swing a leg over. Bramscher said he met with 15 other legislators as well.

They get a thread.

Old thread, but...Brammo has been purchased by Polaris.

I talked to a Polaris rep yesterday. He seemed genuinely uncertain about how exactly they would use the company; he thought they could use and/or sell some components that Brammo manufactures.

He did say that he was sure Brammo would continue to operate as a somewhat independent entity in Oregon, and that it would NOT produce its own motorcycles anymore. Bummer.

Last edited:
it would NOT produce its own motorcycles anymore. Bummer.

everything I have heard about Brammo says that it is no great loss - dubious quality, poor range, unremarkable power characteristic of the motor, unnecessary gearbox that added weight and friction losses and a lot of drivetrain lash, loud and annoying noise ...

I can't wait until lightning brings ramps up production and brings out a more affordable version of the LS 218. With larger numbers and more efficient production, normal-quality suspension, cast wheels and plastic fairing the price ought to drop well below $30,000.

everything I have heard about Brammo says that it is no great loss - dubious quality, poor range, unremarkable power characteristic of the motor, unnecessary gearbox that added weight and friction losses and a lot of drivetrain lash, loud and annoying noise ...

I can't wait until lightning brings ramps up production and brings out a more affordable version of the LS 218. With larger numbers and more efficient production, normal-quality suspension, cast wheels and plastic fairing the price ought to drop well below $30,000.

aww man, I know you heard it, but from an owner it's a really great bike. Lightning is doing a great job and seems to be the leader. Hopefully Polaris rumor of their own bike is true. You can search the Brammo forum about it.