TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Brammo Inc motorcycles

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by vfx, Nov 1, 2009.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

They are now selling a Best Buy. El Segundo (Near SpaceX0

Electric motorcycle maker Brammo gains momentum | Up to Speed | Los Angeles Times

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a68d1e81970c-320wi.jpg

They did a tour a well.
    They get a thread.

2. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

3. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

#3 ChadS, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    Old thread, but...Brammo has been purchased by Polaris.

I talked to a Polaris rep yesterday. He seemed genuinely uncertain about how exactly they would use the company; he thought they could use and/or sell some components that Brammo manufactures.

He did say that he was sure Brammo would continue to operate as a somewhat independent entity in Oregon, and that it would NOT produce its own motorcycles anymore. Bummer.

4. PokerBroker

PokerBroker Member

Now I want an electric Polaris Slingshot so badly

5. mhpr262

mhpr262 Member

everything I have heard about Brammo says that it is no great loss - dubious quality, poor range, unremarkable power characteristic of the motor, unnecessary gearbox that added weight and friction losses and a lot of drivetrain lash, loud and annoying noise ...

I can't wait until lightning brings ramps up production and brings out a more affordable version of the LS 218. With larger numbers and more efficient production, normal-quality suspension, cast wheels and plastic fairing the price ought to drop well below $30,000.

6. PokerBroker

PokerBroker Member

I saw this today while antiquing with the wife :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426380936.196378.jpg

7. 7racer

7racer Member

aww man, I know you heard it, but from an owner it's a really great bike. Lightning is doing a great job and seems to be the leader. Hopefully Polaris rumor of their own bike is true. You can search the Brammo forum about it.