Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new 2023 Tesla model Y creaks like a rusty old door. Anyone else have the same problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had something similar, but not that bad, right after leaving the parking lot. That creaking sound was coming for me from the plasic cover of the windshield cameras. After about 30-50 miles, it became significantly better and almost went away. But still I asked technicians to fix it during my service appointment, related to other delivery/quality issues. They told me that removed that cover and put a foam around couple of cables that go to the camera and those cracking noises went away.
Here was somewhere entire thread on this forum related to that problematic spot.

Just took delivery a week ago, noticed the upper plastic cover in the frunk was completely loose, only 3 clips out of 10 were pushed in. Definitely would make a small rattle.
Can’t really hear much because the empty toddler car seats make plenty of noise in the back

Reactions: dragoon9988
Just took delivery a week ago, noticed the upper plastic cover in the frunk was completely loose, only 3 clips out of 10 were pushed in. Definitely would make a small rattle.
Can’t really hear much because the empty toddler car seats make plenty of noise in the back

Can you take a picture of where the clips are? Just opened my frunk and can't find them

Can you take a picture of where the clips are? Just opened my frunk and can't find them
Underneath that panel (attached pic)
If you can’t lift panel easily on either side then it should be fine, you can push every 6 inch on perimeter to make sure it’s in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    832.3 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: dragoon9988
Every time I see these posts, it reminds me that to really have the full Tesla ownership experience, we have to become part QC, assembly, technician among others, haha. I can't wait to get my car back from the service center to see how the car holds up after we put serious mileage on it.

The loaner Model 3 LR that we were loaned creaks and rattles all over the place...

If you
Can you take a picture and point to the problem area? I'll see if I have the same problem

If you push on the outside of your hatch, between the glass and the edge of hatch, from the driver side to the passenger side, like you are drying the car with a little pressure and it makes an odd noise - that is your issue. The sounds was VERY hard to pin point inside the car.