Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New 22" Turbine Wheels & Tires (Set of 4) - For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just awarded a brand new set of 22" Turbine Wheels and Tires (for the Model X) from the Tesla Referral program. I'm not interested in swapping out my current wheels. So, anyone interested in buying these at a discount from list price? The set of 4 retails for $6,800 on Tesla.com (Model X 22" Turbine Wheel and Pirelli Scorpion Tire Package).

You'll be able to choose your color: Onyx Black or Silver.

I'll also have these wheels and tires shipped to the Tesla Service center of your choice, and all installation costs will be covered. Pretty sweet, right?

I'm asking for $4300 or best offer. Message me if interested!

Thanks!
erick

• Disagree
Reactions: TOBASH and ebjohnso
I cannot believe people don't realize how much better the X looks with the 22" wheels and tires. I have both and the small loss in range is offset by the much better look and a lot more compliments.
Painted mine satin black for a bigger look.

While I can admit 22" turbines look a little better, the range loss is all I see. "Small" is an understatement.

The loaner I had significantly reduced the already optimistic EPA range.

I cannot believe people don't realize how much better the X looks with the 22" wheels and tires. I have both and the small loss in range is offset by the much better look and a lot more compliments.

I do love the way they look, no denying that. In the end, I powder coated mine black and am happy with it considering my 100D remains a 100D and saving $4k.

I paid $16k more for a 100D over a 75D due to the range. As much as I love the look, it's hard to justify spending $20K ($16k+$4k) and nearly going back to a 75D for aesthetics alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonxt
I do love the way they look, no denying that. In the end, I powder coated mine black and am happy with it considering my 100D remains a 100D and saving $4k.

I paid $16k more for a 100D over a 75D due to the range. As much as I love the look, it's hard to justify spending $20K ($16k+$4k) and nearly going back to a 75D for aesthetics alone.
Well I don't think you would lose that much range to take you to the level of a 75. I paid $3k for my set and it was a brand new set someone had won. They were in perfect condition. I have the 20" wheels and was going to put them back on for longer trips etc. but not going to do that. On a my X 90 I might lose 15-20 miles of range with my driving style but I am very conservative when I am taking long trips and not a big speeder. I always give myself plenty of cushion when supercharging on long trips. On a daily basis the loss of range is never a concern. $3k to $4k is a lot of money to spend for sure but I love the look and don't regret it at all.

Reactions: X-Man and singal3
I'll just leave this right here.....

IMG_6093.jpg

Painted mine satin black for a bigger look.

While I can admit 22" turbines look a little better, the range loss is all I see. "Small" is an understatement.

The loaner I had significantly reduced the already optimistic EPA range.

totally understandable comment from the smaller battery ranges; however, with the 100 battery pack, its far less impactful.

Ill also add that higher quality aftermarket forged versions of 22" tires will have a positive affect on range because they can be made so much lighter than the OEM versions (20 or 22) - those OEM's are beautiful, but VERY heavy. The forged versions (not just from unplugged or Tsport) are no more expensive than the OEM costs.

• Informative
Reactions: dragonxt