Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new 75D with 50 miles already in the shop HELP..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my Model S P85D for the past 3.5 years and overall have had a great experience. I've earned 5 referrals, got a Model 3 for my brother.

The lease was up and I opted to lease a Model S 75D this time.

I picked up the car this past Saturday at the Burbank location...it was a total ZOO. On the way home, about 20 miles from the dealership I noticed 2 issues right away.

1) There was a tapping noise that started coming from the driver side. Loud enough that one couldn't live with it.
2) The alignment was not done correctly and the steering wheel was about 10 degrees off center.

I called back immediately and I was told the bring the car back in first thing Monday for them to fix the issues.

I dropped the car off Monday at 9am now with 66 miles. I took the tech for a drive along where he confirmed both the noise and alignment issue.

With out going into the details because I was shocked and very upset... they didn't even get to the car until today...50 hours after I dropped it off.

I just got a call from my service advisor (who is very nice) and the tech working on my car (who was also very nice) telling me that he has been tryin to resolve the tapping noise. So far after trying he has had no luck. He wanted to let me know he would need to drive my car for some additional miles as he trying to solve the problem and wanted to make sure I was OK with that. I told him I was.

HOWEVER....Now I have brand new car that will have been in the shop 4-5 day if lucky, is already having panels removed and things taken apart to find this sound. Who knows what other issues will get caused by taking the car apart.

At what point do I need to have a larger conversation as to why I was given a brand new car that had issues and tell them I want a new car...I know this is complicated give that the contracts were signed.

Who do I need to contact at Tesla to help with this situation?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!!