Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new 85D - Rear area sqeak/rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my new 85D this morning (yeehaw!).

After about 50 miles; there is now what I would describe as a squeaky rattle coming from the left rear seating area when I go over moderate expansion joints in the roads.

I'm going to try adjusting the stops for the trunk first - but is it common for the sound to appear as though it comes from a rear door and not the trunk lid? There is no drone at speed that I have read about with the trunk lid stop misadjustment.

Would rather go one day before I call Tesla.

-M

I had something early on that sounded like it was caused by the glass/rubber on the driver's side rear door. It would disappear if I cracked the window slightly.

After 3500 km of driving, it *seems* to have sorted itself out. But I'm still listening for it...

Possibly the same issue?

I had something early on that sounded like it was caused by the glass/rubber on the driver's side rear door. It would disappear if I cracked the window slightly.

After 3500 km of driving, it *seems* to have sorted itself out. But I'm still listening for it...

Possibly the same issue?

Great - that will help me isolate it when I'm back at the car. Seems like that would be a more logical thought. (would rather not wait for 3500km for resolution though if it is bugging me after 1 hour driving!)

Great - that will help me isolate it when I'm back at the car. Seems like that would be a more logical thought. (would rather not wait for 3500km for resolution though if it is bugging me after 1 hour driving!)
LOL, well I'm a good distance from the nearest SC, so a quick resolution hasn't been an option! The noise came and went and sounded much like what I expect to hear from frameless door windows. While I appreciate the visual appeal of the Model S doors, I've never been in love with the idea of windows sealing against the body as these do... I would never trust GM or Ford to do this satisfactorily... :cool:

I will turn down the music and listen more critically to see if the noise is still there or not.