Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new cars up to date with software?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6945F07F-C6C4-40D1-AFC4-3F775E04670C.jpeg
DDA1D312-83C8-458F-9B25-D8F01CEE5601.jpeg
I took delivery of my car on Sunday and have so much to learn. I’ve watched numerous videos, joined Tesla forums to hear what everyone is saying, and still have many questions!
Today my car was parked in a lot with other cars and sentry mode recorded 6 different events. Luckily it was just people walking by and other cars driving past but I noticed when watching the clips that there wasn’t a right view available. I’m not sure if something is wrong with that camera. I’ll post a picture of the screen to see if any of you can help.
The second thing I’ve noticed is that the side repeater cameras don’t show on the screen whenever I reverse. I’m wondering if the car has that update? Under the software tab it says the car is up to date. I’ll also include a picture of the latest update number.
Hopefully I can get some answers. Thanks in advance for your help!

no, you dont have the latest software yet per the screenshot, and to answer the next question that inevitably follows, no you cant speed up downloading the latest version. You simply need to wait until the car tells you it is ready to do so, which could be an hour from now, or 2 weeks from now.
Since the camera on the right side of the car didn’t show a recording, could that be related to the fact that i don’t have the latest version?
These cars seem to have a mind of their own lol!

Since the camera on the right side of the car didn’t show a recording, could that be related to the fact that i don’t have the latest version?
These cars seem to have a mind of their own lol!

That I am not sure of, because I have never seen the view you specifically have on screen there. I never had a *105.X firmware. Those versions seem to come on new cars before they update. I would wait till your car updates to one of the later firmwares and see if you still have the issue. Shouldnt be more than a couple of weeks.. likely sooner though.

Reactions: Noel1987
View attachment 579049 View attachment 579050 I took delivery of my car on Sunday and have so much to learn. I’ve watched numerous videos, joined Tesla forums to hear what everyone is saying, and still have many questions!
Today my car was parked in a lot with other cars and sentry mode recorded 6 different events. Luckily it was just people walking by and other cars driving past but I noticed when watching the clips that there wasn’t a right view available. I’m not sure if something is wrong with that camera. I’ll post a picture of the screen to see if any of you can help.
The second thing I’ve noticed is that the side repeater cameras don’t show on the screen whenever I reverse. I’m wondering if the car has that update? Under the software tab it says the car is up to date. I’ll also include a picture of the latest update number.
Hopefully I can get some answers. Thanks in advance for your help!
Please read Owner’s Manual Companion | TeslaTap

Reactions: Noel1987
When you get the latest update swipe up on the image when the reverse camera is displayed and it will show the 2 side views beneath the main image.

I wondered how that happened. I must have done that by accident because I took delivery two weeks ago, then last week got my update, but no 3 camera view. Noticed a couple days ago it was giving it though. I am guessing I swiped at it backing up at some point. Anyways, took me just over a week to get my update. Delivery on 8-20, update on the 27th or so, and then got the most recent yesterday (9/1).

Tesla mobile service came to my house today to fix a couple of minor things I saw when picking up my new car 2 weeks ago. One of my main concerns was an issue with my camera (right side not working). A new camera was ordered but hadn’t come in yet so he said he would try unplugging the existing camera and then plug it back in to hopefully reset it. He also downloaded the 2020.32.3 software via cellular WiFi since my WiFi signal is weak in the garage. He told me that both of these things might fix my camera issues and my alerts for autopilot.
When the service guy left, I drove the car for a little while but unfortunately my camera issue and alert were not resolved. I was able to call him and give him the bad news and he said he would reach out to me when the new camera came in and schedule another appointment.
Has any else had a problem like this with a two week old car?