Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New Chademo "Charging adapter fault"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In response to the 37KW, I spoke to another Tesla owner M3 that had just pulled up as I was leaving , he had a CHAdeMO adaptor and he was getting 48KW to his car after a small ramp time.

I think the issue is with the adaptor, the car charges everywhere else with no issues. The support has been truly awful from Tesla on this, missed call backs, no response from the commercial team who should support this adaptor. As I have said I have an appointment in 2 weeks to get this looked at in a Service Centre, we shall see.......

3 CCS2 capable of 350KW and
1 CHAdeMO capable of 50KW
a. Tap and go card reader did not work had to use chip reader, could not find adapter, screen suggested unplug and start over.
b. Unplug CHAdeMO from car, unplug CHAdeMO from adapter and redo.
This time it said found my chip card, found the adapter and would start charging momentarily, oops cannot charge, unplug and try again

Have to go again and check to see why the NFC touch and go has a problem as I am not keen on leaving my card in the chip reader.

May have to get a CCS2 adapter as the 2021 manual for the MS sez that the J1772, CCS2 and CHAdeMO adapters are available....when? for the CCS2 is not stated. The CCS2 ports on the Electrify America stall sez it is capable of 350KW.
Hmm..... Taycan Gran Turismo? Supercharger moat drying up?
To avoid confusion, if you're in the US, we do NOT have CCS2 aka Combo2 flavor of CCS. In the US, we use Combo1 flavor of CCS aka CCS1 aka J1772 CCS aka SAE Combo. See Model 3 Rebuilt Title - Supercharging Removal for a visual aid.

If you're going to use Electrify America, do not use their card readers and by extension, I'd also avoid NFC as I believe the NFC portion is part of the card reader. Search Electrify America Talks Charging Network Problems, Has Solutions for card reader. More than once when I've been at an EA site, I've seen at least one card reader show a network error on its display.

To avoid confusion, if you're in the US, we do NOT have CCS2 aka Combo2 flavor of CCS. In the US, we use Combo1 flavor of CCS aka CCS1 aka J1772 CCS aka SAE Combo. See Model 3 Rebuilt Title - Supercharging Removal for a visual aid.

If you're going to use Electrify America, do not use their card readers and by extension, I'd also avoid NFC as I believe the NFC portion is part of the card reader. Search Electrify America Talks Charging Network Problems, Has Solutions for card reader. More than once when I've been at an EA site, I've seen at least one card reader show a network error on its display.

Thanks for the information.
I have set up an EA account with a few dollars , got my enabling number and will give Apple Pay a go.

Test worked fine on the EA dispensers located at a Target store.
Dispensers made by Signet EV INC

IMG_0399-1.JPG

The 350KW CCS Dispensers showed a slightly different label re model #

IMG_0403.JPG