Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New Model S Broken AC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

Picked up a brand new 100D on Saturday - AC started blowing only hot air this morning. SC rep told me he has identified the problem and ordered a replacement part, but can't tell me when it'll be fixed because he's out of the part and the regional SC is also out of the part. I have to drop off my brand new car tomorrow.

I realize things happen, but am I wrong to be really upset that I've had the car all of 3 days and now I have to give it up for an undetermined amount of time? Is there anything I should think to ask or know when I drop it off tomorrow? Thanks.

See if you can get a Tesla loaner car and while your car is sitting waiting for parts have a detailer pick it up and have film applied PPF to it and CeramicPro or OptiCoat Pro applied while you wait.

Reactions: BLKMDL3
My A/C also stopped working in the first week of ownership. I have a March '17 build. I have seen this issue in other threads so I do not think these are one-offs. There is a weak part associated with the A/C in newer Telsas IMO.

My SC had me bring it in and they had it fixed within a few days.

Guess I should feel fortunate, I have a May '17 build and it lasted 4 weeks before the A/C died on a trip that was taking us through the central valley in CA (107 that day). Sucks that it died, but we pulled into the Centinela SC and they had it fixed and us back on the road in a little over 2 hours.