Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new model x delivered not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I just took delivery of my brand new model x performance in ArizonaTuesday night. The delivery process was basically horrible and i was just handed the keys and told her on your way we’ve got 150 cars to deliver today. After getting home i noticed i was unable to open my right rear falcon wing due to there being an “obstacle” in the way. The obstacle persisted to exist no matter where the car was parked. The car has now been at the service center the last 2 days with no headway being made. Pretty disappointed in how this has gone so far i don’t know how you deliver a vehicle with a door that doesn’t even work and how that’s not caught in an inspection. Has anyone else dealt with this?

87EB8836-E8ED-452A-B397-2515BC1424DA.jpeg

here’s a picture of her from the 15 miles i did drive so far lol

• Love
Reactions: SMAlset
they will figure it out and have it back to you no issues; you don't want to hear the horror stories I embarked or others have had as well. Lets put it this way; you got it easy!!

Once the car is fixed it will be the best car journey of your life.

• Love
Reactions: tierneyalvin
they will figure it out and have it back to you no issues; you don't want to hear the horror stories I embarked or others have had as well. Lets put it this way; you got it easy!!

Once the car is fixed it will be the best car journey of your life.
I have to say I’m missing the dealership service department experience right about now though. These almost automated sounding text responses are driving me up a wall lol i just want to drive my car.

Hi guys, I just took delivery of my brand new model x performance in ArizonaTuesday night. The delivery process was basically horrible and i was just handed the keys and told her on your way we’ve got 150 cars to deliver today. After getting home i noticed i was unable to open my right rear falcon wing due to there being an “obstacle” in the way. The obstacle persisted to exist no matter where the car was parked. The car has now been at the service center the last 2 days with no headway being made. Pretty disappointed in how this has gone so far i don’t know how you deliver a vehicle with a door that doesn’t even work and how that’s not caught in an inspection. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Listen to @jason.tv Complain to the SC. Use the escalation feature if necessary.

Stay off the boards until it’s fixed. You don’t want to get discouraged.

A common problem that should be fixed with a new sensor, but it could always be something else. You can manually open the door by continuously pressing the FWD button on the screen or the B-pillar.
The manual override was also bugged out for me i would hold it and it would not move at all they told me probably a sensor not seated but can’t get any real answer from them only a “we are reviewing logs and will update you at 10am” then it’s after lunch then it’s 3pm then it’s the next day at 10am and never any update

Hi. This is my first post. I also took delivery of my new longer range model X exactly one week ago with the same 'lack of fanfare' upon delivery but I understood they needed to deliver a lot of cars that day and it was really ok for me. I did think it was slightly strange that there was nothing other than a bit of paperwork and 'enjoy your car' at the delivery point but looking back, it would have been helpful to at least have a walk around. Meanwhile, mine worked about a day and then I experienced the same problem you did: my left side sensor seems to be flaky for my vehicle too; it keeps detecting an obstacle and suggests that I clean the sensor and the sensor is very clean. At this point I just deal with it, and I have service scheduled for July 7 and I assume that it will be fixed, but does seem strange. By the way, I did try a 'soft reset' but to no avail. Other than that, I love this car!

Really nice looking black and white there @Pluugd! Love the wheels and the red calipers. Sorry you and @sbriangamberg are having this issue and hope it gets cleared up asap and turns out to be something simple. I know how anxious we were when we picked up our MS to go out and enjoy driving it only to have to drive it to our detailer for a week of PPF. The issue should have been caught prior or at least mentioned to you. No doubt they were kicking butt trying to get as many cars in the hands of owners before 6/30. I guess deliveries are super brief and touchless now given the covid situation and sorry you guys don't even have the opportunity to have a photo taken of your car in the showroom/shop area on pickup like many of us did in the past, especially if it's your first Tesla. Let us know what the problem ends up being with the door.

BTW thanks guys for adding to the Q2 sales!

Hi. This is my first post. I also took delivery of my new longer range model X exactly one week ago with the same 'lack of fanfare' upon delivery but I understood they needed to deliver a lot of cars that day and it was really ok for me. I did think it was slightly strange that there was nothing other than a bit of paperwork and 'enjoy your car' at the delivery point but looking back, it would have been helpful to at least have a walk around. Meanwhile, mine worked about a day and then I experienced the same problem you did: my left side sensor seems to be flaky for my vehicle too; it keeps detecting an obstacle and suggests that I clean the sensor and the sensor is very clean. At this point I just deal with it, and I have service scheduled for July 7 and I assume that it will be fixed, but does seem strange. By the way, I did try a 'soft reset' but to no avail. Other than that, I love this car!

You can try a hard reset. I do one after every SW update. In park, hold down brake while pressing both steering wheel buttons. Wait for displays to go blank and release. System will come up one by one over the next 30-60 seconds.

The cars do geofence your home location. So if you normally park with one side have restricting clearance for the falcon wing doors. And then pull up a few feet into your driveway it still may restrict the movement of the door. You can override this with a button push.