Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new Model X straight to the SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Fist post and it’s not a happy one.

I bought a Model X (first mistake?) that came into inventory (second mistake?) and picked it up Friday. Model X LR with 22” wheels, white interior and 7 seats.

Car looked good at pick up. A few minor things (missing valve stem cap and a missing wheel center cap, no big deal) so accepted the delivery.

Wish I was more thorough (third mistake)! Was playing around with the car at home next day and decided to try and climb in third row. Passenger side seat tilts forwards, but does not slide. Won’t return back to position. It’s stuck. Immovable. Totally locked in place. Driver’s side is a little better: it won’t slide either but the seat will tilt forward and back with some persuasion.

Immediately called Sales who booked me into SC. Took it into SC, given a loaner and told I will have car back Tuesday. This morning they finish diagnosing the issue and update the estimate to December 27.

So I had my brand new Model X for less than 24 hours before it disappears into the shop for ten days. Ten days!!

Both Sales and SC have been sympathetic but I’m still pretty frustrated. How is it possible that the factory QC and pre-delivery inspection is so poor?

Signed, first time Tesla owner, feeling like a mark.

Hi all. Fist post and it’s not a happy one.

I bought a Model X (first mistake?) that came into inventory (second mistake?) and picked it up Friday. Model X LR with 22” wheels, white interior and 7 seats.

Car looked good at pick up. A few minor things (missing valve stem cap and a missing wheel center cap, no big deal) so accepted the delivery.

Wish I was more thorough (third mistake)! Was playing around with the car at home next day and decided to try and climb in third row. Passenger side seat tilts forwards, but does not slide. Won’t return back to position. It’s stuck. Immovable. Totally locked in place. Driver’s side is a little better: it won’t slide either but the seat will tilt forward and back with some persuasion.

Immediately called Sales who booked me into SC. Took it into SC, given a loaner and told I will have car back Tuesday. This morning they finish diagnosing the issue and update the estimate to December 27.

So I had my brand new Model X for less than 24 hours before it disappears into the shop for ten days. Ten days!!

Both Sales and SC have been sympathetic but I’m still pretty frustrated. How is it possible that the factory QC and pre-delivery inspection is so poor?

Signed, first time Tesla owner, feeling like a mark.
You chose the brand that is not certified by iatf-16949 and iso-9001:

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
As a Tesla owner for the 4th time, it could be so much worse based on my delivery experience two months ago where I was not allowed to look at the vehicle before accepting delivery. I still don't have my X back from getting 4 of the 6 seats replaced due to defects due to Tesla not ordering parts when they said they had multiple times over. Coming up on three weeks in service, the battery has depleted, and the app shows the repair ETA as January 9th.

I was really impressed with the SC. They pulled out the stops and managed to get the car back to me, fully repaired, before Christmas.

They also spotted that one of the falcon wing doors was not calibrating properly which they managed to diagnose and fix while the car was in for the seats to be repaired. Nice job Salt Lake City SC!

There are a few minor squeaks that I have identified but otherwise car is great. Very pleased with it so far.