Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new Model Y no heat!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a Tesla shareholder since 2013 and a multiple Tesla owner, I say with all conviction that yeah, maybe they should suspend sales of all Model Y until they figure it out. At the very least they shouldn’t have rolled it forward to the Model 3. The alternative is a mass recall of potentially millions of vehicles or even worse the death of some one.
I was waiting for the Canadian federal incentive to be announced before pulling the trigger. Now I am thinking about it. It would be good to know what the % of defective HVAC system sensors.

if 1%, that’s fine, I can take the chance but 10 or 25% that a different order of magnitude

Scheduled my appointment which is showing about a month out before they can get the car in.

I spoke to my sales advisor and he is going to have the service team reach out to me on Monday as it is a critical issue.

Sales advisor said that this is a common issue with Y’s and new 3’s. He said “sporadic” but common.

Subhuman: You're lucky you have a sales advisor that is responsive. WAY too many people here claim that as soon as the car is sold, advisors and SCs stop returning calls.

Hope they can work you in.

Yeah, he has been really good to work with. Other than this issue, the buying experience with the Model Y was fantastic compared to when I got my Model 3 in 2018. My Model 3 involved rejection of cars, last minutes rescheduling, cancelations, and pure lack of communication.

This time around I got to know the sales manager at one of Tesla’s newer store locations when I had my FSD computer upgraded at his facility. This location is also a lower volume location so that helps a lot.

Sorry to hear about this. I don't know how I got my SC manager's email but I usually just email him when I had issues. They never answer their phone and it takes days to make an appointment. Sometimes he just tells me to drop by even with no appointment.

UPDATE: Service center reached out to me on Monday and said they have already ordered the parts. I was told they will replace the A/C compressor with a newer version. Considering that I only had the car for two-days why wasn’t the newer version already installed?

Anyway, I was asked to drop of the car today and will be given a loaner. They expect parts in at the end of the week but wanted to get me into a car with heat.

The only probably is the service center is an hour and a half drive from my house and it is currently 3 degrees out. So hopefully we have some heat today. Wish me luck!

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
Was wondering if there have been any more reports of this. I picked up my brand new Model Y 2 days ago and it has has had the climate keeper fault error and no A/C since the drive home. In Los Angeles and no service appointments for about a week. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Am considering showing up to nearby service center tomorrow morning to raise the issue. Thanks!

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
one canceled order leads to 2 canceled orders. 2 to 4. 4 to 8, etc. It matters.
Meh....many more are pleased and the positive user base is expanding much faster than the small salty base is. Not really that many salty ones in the grand scheme of things. Especially when some of the salty ones stick around here long after selling their Tesla just to continue pushing their negative saltiness. I guess deep down they still like Tesla after all.

Meh....many more are pleased and the positive user base is expanding much faster than the small salty base is. Not really that many salty ones in the grand scheme of things. Especially when some of the salty ones stick around here long after selling their Tesla just to continue pushing their negative saltiness. I guess deep down they still like Tesla after all.
Really... And seriously, how many reports of the heat going out were there here, actually? 25? That's probably high - but 25 out of 100,000+ Model Y's delivered in the US to date.... Heck, even if it's 4 times that number, 100. Still a very small percentage. Not saying it's not an issue for those owners that had this issue, but to cancel an order in the .001% chance that this will happen to you is just dumb.

Reactions: SO16 and geekfam
My MY was serviced two days ago in Smithtown, NY because the lower aspect of both front door inner moldings had detached from the door and were hanging. They gave me a loaner, and without my being aware of a problem with my car, replaced 2 heat sensors prophylactically (required evacuating and later replacing the 'freon'). Apparently, any car of a certain build date (mine is 20xxx from July 2020) will be getting this repair. For what it's worth, my SC is wonderful.

Reactions: DanDi58 and SO16
Was wondering if there have been any more reports of this. I picked up my brand new Model Y 2 days ago and it has has had the climate keeper fault error and no A/C since the drive home. In Los Angeles and no service appointments for about a week. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Am considering showing up to nearby service center tomorrow morning to raise the issue. Thanks!
Tesla service replaced the HVAC censors which made the climate keeper fault error go away and A/C was working for about 5 days...and now its broken again with same error message. Brand new Y, will now need to be serviced again. Will have been in service longer than I've had it.

Tesla service replaced the HVAC censors which made the climate keeper fault error go away and A/C was working for about 5 days...and now its broken again with same error message. Brand new Y, will now need to be serviced again. Will have been in service longer than I've had it.
I am sorry for your experience. I am surprised that service has trouble diagnosing problems. It should be easier for them to determine what is wrong and fix it. Lack of parts in stick makes it even worse.

• Disagree
Reactions: InternetDude
NO HEAT.. AGAIN. Waiting on a 2nd repair in less than a month - SO FRUSTRATED.

NOVEMBER 4, 2021: I had my Low/Hi pressure sensors replaced at my local service in early November after experiencing no heat. I think it’s funny how they put in notes "educated customer to use auto mode for heat" You shouldn't have to only use auto mode only for heat if you don't have to, but I digress. I had in manual mode bc when in auto air would only blow to feet not the top vents.

DECEMBER 10, 2021: I put my car in dog mode while running errands received these errors: return to vehicle immediatly HVAC error in my Tesla iPhone app "3 unknown error" and a "climate keeper unavailable due to system fault" in the car. Scheduled an appointment they ordered parts, but nothing until early January.

DECEMBER 12, 2021: Tesla pushed a temporary update to try and fix the sensor issue, after the update installed heat worked ok but then sometimes would get no heat sporadic.

DECEMBER 20, 2021: Today while running errands in freezing temperatures, I again experience no heat after getting back into my car, turned on heat to HI as it was 32F, HVAC was blowing freezing ice cold air while on "HI" in auto and manual mode. Numerous restarts didn't fix the issue. Sent another message to Tesla service in the app telling them the hat has failed agin and they offered me a enterprise rental until my Jan 6th appointment. So frustrated with this heat issue.

**Does anyone else's car while in AUTO heat mode, blow air to only the floor vents? That's why tried manual mode to get heat on top air vents AUTO seems to only direct air to the floor which is frustrating.

Smells like lemon law is in your future. Honestly so underwhelmed with Tesla in so many ways.

The longer I own, the more I think it's a stop gap to finding a new auto manufacturer that actually has it figured out and wants to help the consumer. Tesla is driven by numbers, not customer service. While that works, the other way ensures your numbers keep going up as customer service is so very important as is having a fully baked product to sell.

NO HEAT.. AGAIN. Waiting on a 2nd repair in less than a month - SO FRUSTRATED.

NOVEMBER 4, 2021: I had my Low/Hi pressure sensors replaced at my local service in early November after experiencing no heat. I think it’s funny how they put in notes "educated customer to use auto mode for heat" You shouldn't have to only use auto mode only for heat if you don't have to, but I digress. I had in manual mode bc when in auto air would only blow to feet not the top vents.

DECEMBER 10, 2021: I put my car in dog mode while running errands received these errors: return to vehicle immediatly HVAC error in my Tesla iPhone app "3 unknown error" and a "climate keeper unavailable due to system fault" in the car. Scheduled an appointment they ordered parts, but nothing until early January.

DECEMBER 12, 2021: Tesla pushed a temporary update to try and fix the sensor issue, after the update installed heat worked ok but then sometimes would get no heat sporadic.

DECEMBER 20, 2021: Today while running errands in freezing temperatures, I again experience no heat after getting back into my car, turned on heat to HI as it was 32F, HVAC was blowing freezing ice cold air while on "HI" in auto and manual mode. Numerous restarts didn't fix the issue. Sent another message to Tesla service in the app telling them the hat has failed agin and they offered me a enterprise rental until my Jan 6th appointment. So frustrated with this heat issue.

**Does anyone else's car while in AUTO heat mode, blow air to only the floor vents? That's why tried manual mode to get heat on top air vents AUTO seems to only direct air to the floor which is frustrating.
Blowing only on the floor like an issue with the blend door actuator.

Reactions: andaconda
Maybe I'm lucky but I've never had any heat problems, including < 15 degrees while going skiing from Denver. That was on the 'old' sensors. Tesla service proactively sent a message wanting to replace them with the new ones. Had that done in November.