Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new Model Y P needs a battery replacement.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My loaner 75d S HW 2.5 from Enterprise did not have basic autopilot. I could activate dumb cruise control and plow into the car in front of me. It even had the automatic hold disabled and it would roll backward down the hill if I didn’t activate the brakes.

The first thing to do when getting into an unfamiliar Tesla is to go through all of the settings and configure the car to operate the way you want/expect it to, then save those settings into a new driver profile for yourself.

Ok so after 9 days I was told my battery has been received. No word on when the car will actually be ready.

On a similar note - Tesla corporate contacted me saying they were made aware of my online post about being unhappy with the loaner and offered to make things right. I declined. But I have to say kudos to Tesla for going the extra mile to do this. Seems like they care about customer satisfaction. I was pleasantly surprised.

Ok so after 9 days I was told my battery has been received. No word on when the car will actually be ready.

On a similar note - Tesla corporate contacted me saying they were made aware of my online post about being unhappy with the loaner and offered to make things right. I declined. But I have to say kudos to Tesla for going the extra mile to do this. Seems like they care about customer satisfaction. I was pleasantly surprised.
Well at least that was quick for the new battery to come in. I've talked to some other people in my area of Cali and they're still sitting waiting on theirs even though they brought theirs in around the same time as you.

I just noticed your name and realized I've watched your videos. Maybe it's because you washed their loaner Model S so they contacted you, hahaha.

Reactions: Tommy L Garage
Well at least that was quick for the new battery to come in. I've talked to some other people in my area of Cali and they're still sitting waiting on theirs even though they brought theirs in around the same time as you.

I just noticed your name and realized I've watched your videos. Maybe it's because you washed their loaner Model S so they contacted you, hahaha.
Haha maybe that’s why! I’ll give it back better than I received it :)

Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG

Where online did you post your dissatisfaction that caused them to reach out?
Long story short, I’ve been without my car for 32 days. Got it back last night. Now it’s giving a service alert for low coolant. I’m furious.

Got a call last week from Tesla to bring my car in ASAP.
Dropped off today to find out I’ll need a total battery replacement. Apparently my vin qualifies for a recall due to delaminating battery cells.

Should take about two weeks I was told.

Sucks.
And they gave me this old and dirty model S as a loaner.
The Tesla Model S (even old and dirty as you said) is the best EV ever built. After 7 years driving Tesla and 2 Tesla Model S, no problem / issue at all ;)

Squeaky wheel gets the grease...

I also have a '22 MYP and got a vague voicemail yesterday evening asking me to schedule a service appointment for a battery replacement.

Car seems to drive fine, although I did hear some odd hissing noises (similar to an air brake) yesterday while parked on the side of the road. 307x VIN and <400 miles on the car.

Man this thread is making me nervous!

I just bought my 2021 red LR MY a few days ago, VIN 302XXX. So it was manufactured only a week or two before yours! No problem so far with mine, nor any messages from Tesla either. Keeping my fingers crossed, hope everyone's car here comes back good as new.

Reactions: Tommy L Garage