Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new Model Y P needs a battery replacement.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update. Got my car back after 16 days or so and all is well…for the post past.
Service experience was absolutely horrible but at the end of the day we all knew it since this is a fairly new car company.
I love the car so much! Service…not so much.

You must practice stoicism to remain that cool!. Agree its a rushed experience but thats tough to lay at the feet of the staff. I am just 24 hours into taking delivery of a MYP, also NJ based and I just picked up a loaner. Service staff have been great, car not so much. Great videos!

Reactions: Tommy L Garage
Quick update. Got my car back after 16 days or so and all is well…for the post past.
Service experience was absolutely horrible but at the end of the day we all knew it since this is a fairly new car company.

Your lucky. It took Tesla 32 days to replace my HV pack.

Then I had to return it next business day because they didn’t flush it right and it was low on coolant. It was so awesome getting those codes 12 hours after getting it back. /s

This company is not in it's first or second year. It's been around for more than a decade. The fact that they don't give a rats ass about their customers is insane. I am not some troll, I am on my second Tesla. Model 3 performance to Model Y performance. Both cars are amazing, but excusing poor customer service is detrimental to all of us. They should do better, they have to, because at some point the industry will catch up and Tesla will bleed customers... I used to believe in the brand of Tesla, but the new car smell will wear off rather quick, if other OEMs step up over time.

Reactions: Tommy L Garage
This company is not in it's first or second year. It's been around for more than a decade. The fact that they don't give a rats ass about their customers is insane. I am not some troll, I am on my second Tesla. Model 3 performance to Model Y performance. Both cars are amazing, but excusing poor customer service is detrimental to all of us. They should do better, they have to, because at some point the industry will catch up and Tesla will bleed customers... I used to believe in the brand of Tesla, but the new car smell will wear off rather quick, if other OEMs step up over time.
I’ve been with them a while now, and do think they have room for improvement. Overall I’ve had a good experience with them, 3 cars in 4 years with our X at 110k miles.

I’m just glad they don’t try to rip you off all the time. I recently replaced a battery for my parents Audi, of course they charge a 275$ fee just to make sure the car “knows” the battery was replaced. This was not the cost of the battery or labor…

Reactions: Quorky
I have a 600 mile trip coming up. Hope it makes it!! :)
So I just did a 520 miles trip. All went well, using Super chargers, heard the “typical” thermal expansion “clunks” while charging.

Here’s the bad side.

Day two of my trip, I got “turtle mode”.

Took it to service, didn’t even bother with an appt. Long story short, the Positive Side Power Switch was found “welded”.

Not sure what that means, but they replaced the switch. Codes all cleared.

Back to normal.

I'm just amazed you continue to remain calm like this. I honestly would be livid with them.

The one thing I've noted with Tesla is they have a mindset of "don't worry about it, it's not that big a deal. You'll overlook it once you drive it". Wrong, this is a expensive vehicle. I expect quality from. my service/sales/vehicle, but also, maturity and professionalism from the SC staff. Many of them are out of touch with the second part. I'm noticing Tesla has a younger demographic working there and they often times are very passive about things. I don't know why that is, but if someone wants to work hard for something nice, please be mature enough and respectful enough to treat the customer as you would want to be for wanting things right. That's my biggest issue with Tesla in2 months of ownership.

I'm just amazed you continue to remain calm like this. I honestly would be livid with them.

The one thing I've noted with Tesla is they have a mindset of "don't worry about it, it's not that big a deal. You'll overlook it once you drive it". Wrong, this is a expensive vehicle. I expect quality from. my service/sales/vehicle, but also, maturity and professionalism from the SC staff. Many of them are out of touch with the second part. I'm noticing Tesla has a younger demographic working there and they often times are very passive about things. I don't know why that is, but if someone wants to work hard for something nice, please be mature enough and respectful enough to treat the customer as you would want to be for wanting things right. That's my biggest issue with Tesla in2 months of ownership.
You’re absolutely right and I agree.
I just felt I ran out of options. Funny thing is that it still makes me want to drive a Tesla.

You’re absolutely right and I agree.
I just felt I ran out of options. Funny thing is that it still makes me want to drive a Tesla.
I'd honestly call the SC manager and take it up to the regional or district. If they do this one time, they will do it again. At what point do you call them on it and at what point do you get to a point where you cannot go back and have the fix the other things.

I'm in with my Tesla right now. But if I have many more service visits and their staff damage my car, they can get me a new vehicle on their own dime (which they won't because they really don't care as it doesn't make them more money, to heck with brand image) or request a buy back and push back on them.

It would be great to see the brand turn about and fix things. But they keep raising the prices, removing things from the car, and even fighting the government about playing games on the center dash while driving. Drivers that have enough of a hard time staying off their phone while driving don't need another distraction. But in summary, they are not a new brand anymore, and they know better. They just choose to not do better. For that reason I really hope other brands catch up and excel past Tesla as they could use a little humble pie and a bit more of a reality check. It feels like a mixed bag with the brand currently, and that has my house hold very perplexed.

Got a call last week from Tesla to bring my car in ASAP.
Dropped off today to find out I’ll need a total battery replacement. Apparently my vin qualifies for a recall due to delaminating battery cells.

Should take about two weeks I was told.

Sucks.
And they gave me this old and dirty model S as a loaner.
Your loaner S is in pristine condition compared to the one I received yesterday. They gave me a filthy 2015 S with 90k miles. I had to wash it myself just to see out the windows. And the next day the passenger window fell off the track driving to work. I’m going back to Audi when I get my Y back.