Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New Model Y Performance Wheels For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my Model Y and realized I really hate the wheel design. I tried to sit on it for a little while to see if they'd grow on me but so far they haven't. I purchased the performance model and it comes with the factory wheels in the image below. Hoping to sell these so I can purchase different ones. I bought my car about 3 weeks ago and have barely driven it. Its parked inside my garage (private, not shared). I'm located in San Francisco. Looking for a fair price. Flexible. The sooner the better.

If anyone knows of a trusted site (preferable not eBay or Craigslist) where I should post this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Model Y Performance Wheels.jpg
Metis.jpg

Haha, thanks. I guess hate is a strong word. I just don't like that the wheels are so bulky and the center cap is huge! I want to replace them with a set of Vossen HF-3 gloss black with tinted face. But those wheels are ~$700/each so I'm looking for a buyer for these first.

The Vossen is a cool looking wheel, but realize they advertise it as a "flow forged" wheel, and they don't list the weights, which to me means they're going to be heavy. I only see 20" available, so if you're planning on going to 20" and you want better performance, then have your looked at the Martian wheel?

Martian is fully forged and they weight 22lbs. Compared that to the stock Uber wheel at 38+lbs! That's a significant difference. Lower rotational and unsprung mass will improve range, performance, handling and ride.

Oh, and the Martian is cheaper than Vossen!

The Vossen is a cool looking wheel, but realize they advertise it as a "flow forged" wheel, and they don't list the weights, which to me means they're going to be heavy. I only see 20" available, so if you're planning on going to 20" and you want better performance, then have your looked at the Martian wheel?

Martian is fully forged and they weight 22lbs. Compared that to the stock Uber wheel at 38+lbs! That's a significant difference. Lower rotational and unsprung mass will improve range, performance, handling and ride.

Oh, and the Martian is cheaper than Vossen!

thanks for the tip! I’ll check them out.

Haha, thanks. I guess hate is a strong word. I just don't like that the wheels are so bulky and the center cap is huge! I want to replace them with a set of Vossen HF-3 gloss black with tinted face. But those wheels are ~$700/each so I'm looking for a buyer for these first.

I loved those HF-3 too! They’ll look nice. I ended up ordering the Volk G025 in blue. Can’t wait to see the vossen on your MY.

Sometimes people forget how aerodynamic the performance 21" uberturbines are, the smaller non-aero wheels with spokes don't work as well as one would hope.
The 21" wheels are just shy of 40 lbs each. Add the weight of the tire which is ~ 30 lbs each, you have 70 lbs of unsprung weight on each corner of the car. It's simple physics. It takes more energy to move heavier objects thus adversely affecting range.

A decent set of flow form forged wheels probably weigh close to 25 lbs each so you are definitely saving on weight. Not to mention the sharper steering feedback.

Reactions: raggedy