Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New MS75 Battery Needs Service Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We picked up our MS75 in December and now with only 700 miles on it we have a busted rear door handle that won't close without pushing on it. and a bad 12v Battery Yesterday morning we got in the car and now it says "12V Battery Needs Service" "Replace 12B Battery Soon" I call Tesla and ask that they pull the logs, the girl tells me "oh we can only pull logs for the model 3" So then I ask to be transferred to Vehicle support. Worked with a guy for about 15 mins where he pulled logs, said the battery should be ok till a ranger could come out and replace it. They told me they would call me shortly to see about coming out on Sunday or even Monday. Guess what, no phone call ?? Little annoyed at support, feel like they could be doing much better for the entry price point on our these cars.

Attachments

• 12v-bad.jpg
    12v-bad.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 130
Enzo was the Raleigh SC? As for the 12v I would say it goes back to my belief that for those of us that don't put large amount of mileage that the battery takes a beating cycling all the time.

I've got a bit over 26k miles in 14 months. I think Teslas just use the hell out of the 12V. There was a very informative blog about this:

Syonyk's Project Blog: Tesla Model S 12V Battery Analysis

Its a great read from a non-owner.