Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new MYP on delivery with range 289

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NHK X

Nov 18, 2017
Texas
Just got a 2022 MYP delivered today, in so many ways build quality is amazing. For those of you wondering OD 11/3, birthdate 12/12 with a vin 336xxx no Ryzen but has Michelin AS.

My rated range at 100% is 289 with 7 miles on odometer. Both the X and 3 I have on day one had rated exactly matching EPA. The MYP should be at 303, has anyone else had any issues like this? With my prior experience with degradation, even though it’s just 13 miles, do not want this to be my start point.

Also any idea what options I have if it doesn’t self calibrate? My delivery was pretty forced, I was forced to have a home delivery, and forced to accept delivery before being allowed to see the inside of the car. Different from my two prior deliveries. Any recs or experience is much appreciated!

Charge the battery to ~95% and then drive until the state of charge is ~20%. You may have to do this several times over some days to see if the estimated range gradually increases to near 300 miles. Keep Sentry Mode set to be OFF at your home location and turn off Smart Summon if the Tesla Model Y has the Full Self Driving package. Both of these will cause the Tesla Model Y to remain awake, i.e. powered on. This will prevent the Tesla battery management system from measuring the open cell voltage (OCV) of the cells in the pack. The Tesla Model Y must be in sleep mode, with the high voltage battery disconnected from the vehicle, to measure the OCV. Measuring the OCV can take several hours, happens automatically but only when the Tesla Model Y is in sleep mode. Accurate measurement of the OCV is used to refine the battery management system's algorithms, can improve the accuracy of the estimated state of charge and estimated range of the battery.

Reactions: Daekwan
Besides this, car is fantastic. High quality build and car is just so smooth. Much better and quieter ride than what most seemed to be posting.
Go on a bumpy road and see.

I think the ride is great on normal road conditions...when they're pretty bumpy it is bad....especially in the back...

I haven't seen people complain too much about the noise though....seems pretty quiet in general..which also contributes to the sense of it being smoother with nicer roads...

Go on a bumpy road and see.

I think the ride is great on normal road conditions...when they're pretty bumpy it is bad....especially in the back...

I haven't seen people complain too much about the noise though....seems pretty quiet in general..which also contributes to the sense of it being smoother with nicer roads...
Mines dead quiet on horrible north east roads.

Reactions: Corndart
And the ride?
perfect, suspension is very well balanced and comfy handling bumps and potholes especially compared to my built MK7 Golf R i sold for the Y and even more so with the 21" my R came with 19' and 35 profiles and even with DCC rough roads were a little harsh and especially in sport DCC they were super harsh on the 19s. I am always impressed how well the YP feels on 21 inch rubber bands

perfect, suspension is very well balanced and comfy handling bumps and potholes especially compared to my built MK7 Golf R i sold for the Y and even more so with the 21" my R came with 19' and 35 profiles and even with DCC rough roads were a little harsh and especially in sport DCC they were super harsh on the 19s. I am always impressed how well the YP feels on 21 inch rubber bands
On bumpy roads? I have a recent MYP..that's not my experience...

Unless there's been a change in suspension in the last week, I think you are one of the few that think it isn't bumpy on rough roads....
i have heard from many over the past 4 months say they love the new ride even on bumpy roads. theres a thread on here and at the end most of the people who say its to harsh for them seem to never have had a sports car or suv before, if you want ubur luxury or soft plush rider then a toyota/ lexus is for you. Price point of a car doesn't correlate to luxury ride. At the end of it the MYP and M3P are sports cars/suv and should be focused on feeling the road and the bumps. some think the suspension should be even more track focussed and rougher on bumpy/uneven roads and i can see that as you are more connected with the road

i have heard from many over the past 4 months say they love the new ride even on bumpy roads. theres a thread on here and at the end most of the people who say its to harsh for them seem to never have had a sports car or suv before, if you want ubur luxury or soft plush rider then a toyota/ lexus is for you. Price point of a car doesn't correlate to luxury ride. At the end of it the MYP and M3P are sports cars/suv and should be focused on feeling the road and the bumps. some think the suspension should be even more track focussed and rougher on bumpy/uneven roads and i can see that as you are more connected with the road
The part you are leaving out is that most $70-80K vehicles have some sort of adjustable suspension. So you get the best of both worlds.. firm when you want.. softer and cushy for regular driving.

Hell I think even the $38K Honda Accord Touring spec has adaptive suspension: 2022 Honda Accord - Modern Midsize Sedan | Honda
And ventilated seats. And HUD. And a bunch of things I won't bother mentioning.

The part you are leaving out is that most $70-80K vehicles have some sort of adjustable suspension. So you get the best of both worlds.. firm when you want.. softer and cushy for regular driving.

Hell I think even the $38K Honda Accord Touring spec has adaptive suspension: 2022 Honda Accord - Modern Midsize Sedan | Honda
And ventilated seats. And HUD. And a bunch of things I won't bother mentioning.
Having DCC before it has its benefits and also it’s downsides. Depends. I’d rather air suspension and would gladly pay 5k for and option on the Y rather than DCC. I’d rather a b16 style suspension to adjust manually corner to corner rather than DCC. I’ve had suspensions of all kinds. They all have there advantages and disadvantages. There are cars over 100-200k that don’t have adjustable suspension from factory. Price is not always the determining factor sadly. I do wish Tesla would give options though. I’d pay 2k to have ventilated seats but also I’m fine with out them too. To me out of all of this what Tesla should all have is 360 Birds Eye camera for backing up and stuff. More people would benefit from that than anything suspension wise.

Having DCC before it has its benefits and also it’s downsides. Depends. I’d rather air suspension and would gladly pay 5k for and option on the Y rather than DCC. I’d rather a b16 style suspension to adjust manually corner to corner rather than DCC. I’ve had suspensions of all kinds. They all have there advantages and disadvantages. There are cars over 100-200k that don’t have adjustable suspension from factory. Price is not always the determining factor sadly. I do wish Tesla would give options though. I’d pay 2k to have ventilated seats but also I’m fine with out them too. To me out of all of this what Tesla should all have is 360 Birds Eye camera for backing up and stuff. More people would benefit from that than anything suspension wise.
Air suspension will be way more expensive in terms of initial cost and maintenance cost vs. DCC or any adjustable type suspension. If Lucid can make the ride great without the air suspension setup, Tesla should be able to do that as well.