Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New never installed Light Harmonic Amp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this amp in my Model S and LOVE it. I bought this 2nd unit in anticipation of installing it in my wife's model X. Turns out it will not go in an MX.
Its specs are astounding. If you'd like to hear it in my S, I'll be happy to meet you for a listen if you're in the area.
The amp sounds amazing even with stock drivers. I had it with stock drivers when I initially bought it for my car as they had not manufactured the drivers for many months after I got my 1st amp.

In any case if you're interested, let me know. I paid $900 for it, and am willing to sell it for $700.
BTW, this amp is a direct plug in replacement for the stock UHFS amp in the left side of the steering dash area. This amp will only work in UHFS cars.
Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 8.57.09 PM.png

IMG_0952.jpg

Reactions: Cowby
I'm interested as this seems like a pretty non-invasive way to upgrade the UHFS. Question: does dropping in a new amp have any impact on your warranty? I'd hate to have Tesla suggest that any change to the electrical system somehow modified the car in a way that kills the warranty. I know that tuning an ICE car often causes the manufacturer to try to void the warranty - I get that Fed law governs and you can fight back against the manufacturer - but I'd like to avoid the fight.

I'm interested as this seems like a pretty non-invasive way to upgrade the UHFS. Question: does dropping in a new amp have any impact on your warranty? I'd hate to have Tesla suggest that any change to the electrical system somehow modified the car in a way that kills the warranty. I know that tuning an ICE car often causes the manufacturer to try to void the warranty - I get that Fed law governs and you can fight back against the manufacturer - but I'd like to avoid the fight.
I would not anticipate there would be any issue.
Realistically, they would not void the warranty on anything not amp related.
If something were to happen you could easily put the stock amp back in until they resolve the issue.
Keep in mind, there's no wire cutting nothing invasive at all. It is literally a un-plug/plug in process (besides the tedious task of gettin g to the amp itself.)

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
I’m interested. How much of a difference does it make in low end /bass output. I would be just be installing it with the UHFS. Trying to decide between this and a NVX sub. I’m leasing so something that is easy to install and remove is a plus

I’m interested. How much of a difference does it make in low end /bass output. I would be just be installing it with the UHFS. Trying to decide between this and a NVX sub. I’m leasing so something that is easy to install and remove is a plus
That's the main reason I wanted it. I wanted more bass, so I can literally feel the music. Too bad you're not in the area, as I'd be happy to give you a listen.
It's a profound improvement in bass, volume and clarity, even with the stock drivers.

• Funny
Reactions: myblubu