Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new S90D (2/17). Experiencing very bumpy ride since yesterday. Regular suspension.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up the S90D on 2/17. Love the car. Amazing ride quality and excellent handling until yesterday. I have regular suspension and didn't get the SAS. I have driven 700+miles so far and had no issues. My driving is on regular highway and well laid local roads that I have been driving on for years. Since yesterday I started feeling bumps while driving going on even minor depressions on the road. I had never felt them in my Model S before or even in my old Honda. Now I am feeling the bumps a LOT. Even a small depression or bump on the road that the car was handling like a champ is very rough when I go over it. The car almost shakes and the ride quality suddenly has become very rough. Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas or thoughts? Will take it to the SC asap to have it looked at.

the tires were set at 45 psi. the ride is a pulsating experience. the service dept. replaced all 4 struts and the issue is still there. It is so bad that i get get nausea driving it. Is it possible that the shocks are the issue? any suggestions?

Any chance you guys found a solution for this?

I'm experiencing very similar problem with 2016.5 MS 60D coil suspension, 19". It handled well and ride was very smooth/soft/comfortable for 7500 miles. Then after an alignment from the service center, it's turned to a very stiff ride, consistent shaking/vibrating when moving, and I can feel every little bump on the road. Road noise is now highly noticeable. It also induces slight nausea as I'm getting a pulsating/wobbling kind of feeling. Return visit to service center replaced all new set identical wheels/tires, performed another alignment. Some symptoms improved, but overall the car rides like how you guys are describing. It feels like driving on over-inflated, run-flat tires. The tech seems unconvinced and said things are normal and within spec after each visit. I know I'm not going crazy because this car was our top choice for longer trips because of AP and the comfort, but now we are considering selling it because it feels terrible even on the smoothest of roads..

Any chance you guys found a solution for this?

I'm experiencing very similar problem with 2016.5 MS 60D coil suspension, 19". It handled well and ride was very smooth/soft/comfortable for 7500 miles. Then after an alignment from the service center, it's turned to a very stiff ride, consistent shaking/vibrating when moving, and I can feel every little bump on the road. Road noise is now highly noticeable. It also induces slight nausea as I'm getting a pulsating/wobbling kind of feeling. Return visit to service center replaced all new set identical wheels/tires, performed another alignment. Some symptoms improved, but overall the car rides like how you guys are describing. It feels like driving on over-inflated, run-flat tires. The tech seems unconvinced and said things are normal and within spec after each visit. I know I'm not going crazy because this car was our top choice for longer trips because of AP and the comfort, but now we are considering selling it because it feels terrible even on the smoothest of roads..

It actually went away for me after about a week or so. I had called Tesla assistance and they told me to let the car suspension "settle". I am at over 27,000 miles now and never had problems.