Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New Tesla Model X P100D for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If my insurance totals my car, I will have a check to replace it with another for $82,863. I’ll hand that to you for your car, which has almost all my options plus some I wouldn’t have chosen, minus my free charging. LMK.

I'll keep your offer in mind. It all depends on what the dealer offers me, and what other offers I get. Although that's over 40k less than what it costs new. Do Teslas really go that far down in value as soon as you drive them off the lot? Seems like they would hold value better than that.

What sort of evidence would you want? I could link you to the winner page with my name, but that's obviously not proof. It's fine if no one believes me, I'm mainly on here just to get an idea of what I can sell this for. If anything, I thought about putting it on Only Used Teslas. I saw some Model X's listed for around what I'm hoping to get out of it.

Don't let people fool you. You can easily get around $100k for it. Someone about to buy would love to save $10-$12k.

I don't want to buy it, so it's much easier for me to be honest with you.

Actually, I don't think so. You can order an inventory car directly from tesla for that price. I would say anything over 90k would be good.

New Demo Model X 2018 pre raven P100D 7 seater

My guess is you will lose way more than the Taxes by selling on your own.

Taxes, Destination Charge, Unlimited Super Charging will all go Poof plus probably 10% !!

I'd do the cash option.

Not sure if you can somehow get it registered to the new owner you sell to first. That would solve some issues.

Wow, this is a first I ever read about someone winning a car. To the OP, there are numerous people here who “prey” on some new comers by telling them what’s the car worth and in reality they want to rip you off. Anyways, good luck with sale and congrats. Would be a lot better if you can transfer your account/car to new owner so car would be brand new for them (as others mentioned).

To the OP. See if you can have this transferred to someone else's name (through Tesla) prior to the title being done and the taxes paid. I did this with the Model 3 I ordered. I just put the person's info into my Tesla account for the purchaser's info. It worked out great. This is huge because in many states - like Georgia, the person that buys it from you will have to pay taxes on it all over again - makes no difference where it comes from (dealer or private sale), or if it is used or new. So, if someone in Georgia wanted to buy the car, they'd pay you, and then when they register it in Georgia, they'd have to pay 7% of the VALUE of the car (not what they paid you). This will amount to about $7k.

Not all states are like this, but many are.

Finally, don't trust anyone on here - list it everywhere - here, onlyusedtesla.com, autotrader, etc. There will be someone out there that is already about to buy this exact car that would love to save $10k off the price. And if you can find that person before it is titled, you can save yourself from having to pay the taxes in your state - which is just money wasted.

Lastly, just like the person above who linked a car that is selling for $95k (that gets 30 less miles per charge, has the older suspension, and has 1600 miles), people will try to show you comparables selling for less - but, unless you're an expert on all things Tesla, you have no idea if the 2 cars are truly comparable. As I pointed out, this guys is trying to convince you that you will be lucky to get $90k because Tesla is selling a 2 year older (model year wise) car with old technology for $95k. Common sense would tell anyone that you should be able to get MORE than what that car is selling since yours will be a 2020, will be a Raven, and will have essentially zero miles.

Very funny how people assume it will be a 2020. Quite often these places already have the car. And the point is that in 2 months, the 2019 cars will be the same price as inventory dries up. Then the 2020. As has been happening all year. And funny how people are comparing this to a brand new car from factory. Someone having that much money is not going to want to save just a few thousand to buy second hand rather than straight from the factory. Come on people. You're not helping him out by giving him bad advice. You have to be realistic. "I'm sure some sucker will..." is not good advice. He's going to try to sell it for msrp and get disappointed thinking 'but the guy on the internet said I can get over 100k for it. What's going on?' There are tax, referral, supercharger, loan, etc implications from buying second hand

Very funny how people assume it will be a 2020. Quite often these places already have the car. And the point is that in 2 months, the 2019 cars will be the same price as inventory dries up. Then the 2020. As has been happening all year. And funny how people are comparing this to a brand new car from factory. Someone having that much money is not going to want to save just a few thousand to buy second hand rather than straight from the factory. Come on people. You're not helping him out by giving him bad advice. You have to be realistic. "I'm sure some sucker will..." is not good advice. He's going to try to sell it for msrp and get disappointed thinking 'but the guy on the internet said I can get over 100k for it. What's going on?' There are tax, referral, supercharger, loan, etc implications from buying second hand

Did you not read the post? The OP stated that he spec'd out the car - so you're thinking that the contest holder happens to already have a car EXACTLY like the OP spec'd out?

And if he can transfer the order to the buyer's name (as I did with my Model 3), then it would not be "second hand", and the free supercharging would be fully intact.

You're making a bunch of assumptions that really can't be made. How much the OP gets for this car will depend greatly on how much effort he wants to put into it. I'm sure he already has a Tesla account which shows the order - he should be able to simply change the name and address there. That's all I did when I sold my Model 3 order.

If he takes possession of the car, then I agree, some of the things you've mentioned will come into play. I think taking possession of the car will not only cause the OP to pay sales tax on the car, but will reduce the value by an addition $7-10k due to the loss of free supercharging. But, he won't have a problem getting $15k less than sticker price if he drives it less than 100 miles - whether it's a 2019 or 2020.

He REALLY needs to put his effort into finding a buyer right now so he can just have the purchase moved to their name.

Reactions: tyler2323
Whew, just woke up to this thread with a lot to process. To Simon21, this is being built from scratch. Omaze does not keep any of their prize cars in stock when they begin the sweepstakes because of the fact that they offer a cash alternative (if someone accepted the cash, they would be stuck with the car). As for putting the title into someone else's name, that's something I'll have to look into. I don't know how much of the ordering process they'll let me be involved in (other than choosing the options). Since all of this counts as income tax for me and it's my SS number that is attached to it all, I'm not sure if they would allow me to put it into someone else's name. While it would be ideal to do it this way to help out the buyer, it might not be feasible. I understand me hoping for $115k might be a bit of a pipedream, and I'm obviously willing to go lower, but if I have to go under $100k to sell this thing, well then screw it, I'll keep it for a while and get some enjoyment out of it. The X that somebody listed for $95k had 1600 miles on it, so I'll least enjoy it for that long before I sell it for that much.

I appreciate all of those giving me tips and advice on how to sell it. It is definitely a bit overwhelming for all of this to just fall in my lap over the past month, and I'm still processing it all. One other question I have is, if I accept an offer from someone in another state and they can't meet in person, how does the payment process work for something like that? Would it go through an escrow account, or would I be sent a cashier's check? That's a lot of money changing hands with neither person seeing the product or money.

Reactions: tyler2323 and Dr. J