Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new Y Charging and BMS errors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I forget now; have you tried logging out of your Tesla account on the phone, logging back into the account.

If you delete the Tesla app from the phone, then reinstall the app I believe you would need to use one of the key cards that you received when the Tesla was delivered to re-authenticate your phone.

For other reasons I have loged out and in but this issue does not seem to be in anyway related to the app. It is just this in the first time I have exp the issue from the app normally it is in the car.

Normally for the past few weeks since we picked up the car I get the errors only when I wake up the car and it starts to draw current (History is above in this thread) also (not even charge just draw some current). Since I park in my garage I have the car set to not lock at this location. So many times I don't even have my phone with me it is far out of range and I still have the issue with all the charging errors. So I don't think it is related to the phone since all the times before it was out of range.

The diff today was accessing from the app and increasing the charge limit. I actually believe the errors came just from the car waking and not actually setting the limit.

Tesla changed my appointment last week from a mobile service to a service center drop-off. I dropped the car off yesterday and haven’t heard anything back yet.

I also haven’t been able to repro this error, and only had it that one time. I’ll update this when I hear back!

Yesterday they downloaded new software for several issues I have been having so far so good.

I have been putting in a message with each service request for them to check the car remote and if there is anything they can do without a visit I am game.

I got my car back today. They discharged and recharged the car twice overnight. They also removed the second row seats and the underhood storage unit to verify all charging components were functioning normally.

Since they couldn’t repro, they essentially sent me on my way.

I got my car back today. They discharged and recharged the car twice overnight. They also removed the second row seats and the underhood storage unit to verify all charging components were functioning normally.

Since they couldn’t repro, they essentially sent me on my way.

So far so good I have not got anymore error messages. I actually had noticed several other issue, while supercharging the car rebooted twice, when I got home it rebooted in my driveway as I was trying to pull it into the garage, this caused restraint failure messages that the car needed service for make the restraint system work. Anyways I noted all this put in the ticket and said please take a look remote if you can diagnose it without the car going in I am good with that. I was scheduled for an appointment Dec 10 but they did check the car remote and told me they were going to send me a version of software to try. So far no issues since the software was downloaded on Monday. They contacted me yesterday to ask how it was going I said seems all good so they canceled the appt and said any other issue let them know.

But I do know a few weeks ago when the ranger came out he also took out the back seats to check something.

Maybe you need the update or maybe they just put it in for you when it was at service. I did notice on TeslaFi even though the had me install a new SW version the version number did not change. Sometimes I think they are really downloading adjustments or tweeks and not actually a different version. I do know the install was very short so who know just happy so far so good.