Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new Y! Must have accessories ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

It’s my first post and i’m cheesing harder than a kid in a candy store. I know this has probably been discussed before but im just dipping my toes in the proverbial forum water, so to speak.

I’ve seen some discussions on floor mats on the forum, but a lot of people mention random Amazon no name brands that are super cheap. I was initially going to buy the stock all weather mats from Tesla. But has anyone had any luck with the WeatherTech models? They’re slightly cheaper (I think around $180 versus over 200 for the Tesla ones).

also, any other must haves for the Y?

thanks all and super happy to be here. Haven’t even gotten the car yet. Im in New York and they said mid to end September. I ordered it like a month ago!

The 3D Maxpider (that's the way it is spelled) are very popular. Some don't like the logo on the 3D floor liners. LDCRS came out with floor liners with the identical look to the 3D floor liners but without the logo. To each his own.

Don't even begin to research mud flaps for the Model Y. That rabbit hole is so deep you may never get out.

Thanks @jcanoe !
Our 2021 Mats should be in stock on Amazon within 45 days or so.

Feel free to check out the comments and reviews below:
Vendor - Be notified when LDCRS 2021 Model Y Floor Mats are available! (And launch discount)
Vendor - Introducing LDCRS Premium (LOGO FREE) Tesla Model Y All Weather Floor Mats!

We'd be happy to answer any questions you have as well.

Have fun shopping for those accessories! Definitely helps while waiting for your delivery date :)

Upvote 0
And that the 3D maxpider? Just want to make sure I order from a reputable website lol they don’t seem to have their own.
I am in the same boat. Just took delivery yesterday and trying to decide what to buy. So far, I definitely like the oem all weather mats best for appearance. I prefer the simple lines and they look soft. However, the 225 price seems high. I generally prefer carpet mats, but don’t care for the oem carpet due to the lose flap over the dead pedal and generally blah appearance. If they sold a dressy carpet mat I’d buy it. Something classy with Tesla seen into it maybe?

Got the oem flaps. Still waiting for the ppp to be in stock.

This car is so fun to drive😎

Upvote 0
I am in the same boat. Just took delivery yesterday and trying to decide what to buy. So far, I definitely like the oem all weather mats best for appearance. I prefer the simple lines and they look soft. However, the 225 price seems high. I generally prefer carpet mats, but don’t care for the oem carpet due to the lose flap over the dead pedal and generally blah appearance. If they sold a dressy carpet mat I’d buy it. Something classy with Tesla seen into it maybe?

Got the oem flaps. Still waiting for the ppp to be in stock.

This car is so fun to drive😎
I just installed the rear trunk PPF from TesBros for $30. Figure that area always gets nicked up on my other cars.

Upvote 0
Hey all,

It’s my first post and i’m cheesing harder than a kid in a candy store. I know this has probably been discussed before but im just dipping my toes in the proverbial forum water, so to speak.

I’ve seen some discussions on floor mats on the forum, but a lot of people mention random Amazon no name brands that are super cheap. I was initially going to buy the stock all weather mats from Tesla. But has anyone had any luck with the WeatherTech models? They’re slightly cheaper (I think around $180 versus over 200 for the Tesla ones).

also, any other must haves for the Y?

thanks all and super happy to be here. Haven’t even gotten the car yet. Im in New York and they said mid to end September. I ordered it like a month ago!
I have the weather tech brand for my Y & the and they work as designed. The carpet exiting the door still gets a bit dirty & dirt then to collect in this area. I’d wish the mat extended further up under the brake pedal. There’s also Velcro hooks to keep the mat in place.

Upvote 0
I just bought the cheap one from Amazon and it works great.

Also, I thought the same thing about the garage door opener but I used double sided tape to attach my garage door remote to the back of the bottom of the control screen. It's hidden and perfect. I can take pics if you're interested in seeing it.
That's a great idea but I think his point was the fact that a $70k car does not include a garage door opener. I agree

Upvote 0
There are now a number of retractable cargo covers available for the Model Y. See RPM Tesla, BASENOR (on Amazon.) Tesmanian now sells a retractable cargo cover (the Tesmanian mounting brackets appear to be a different design from the other retractable covers.) Also on eBay. I recently installed the BASENOR cargo cover in my Model Y.

If you want a hard package shelf then this would meet your needs: TESLASTUFF
Since you have the retractable cargo shelf, do the brackets cover the manual release for the charging port that's located in the trunk area? Can you still get to the cable release? Thanks

Upvote 0
Since you have the retractable cargo shelf, do the brackets cover the manual release for the charging port that's located in the trunk area? Can you still get to the cable release? Thanks
Yes; the charging connector cable release is still fully accessible after installing the retractable cargo cover. I did watch a video of the installation of the tow hitch (not sure if it was the Tesla tow hitch.) When installing the tow hitch the rear bumper, trim and tail lights must be removed. The interior trim behind the tail lights has to be removed. This would require first removing the mounting bracket from the trim. The mounting bracket is held in place with double sided automotive trim tape. I imagine if you are careful removing the mounting bracket the trim piece won't be damaged. To reinstall the mounting bracket you would need to use the same type of automotive trim tape. (The mounting bracket would also have be removed in event that the tail light needed to be replaced. Since the tail light uses LED bulbs I'm not sure this will ever be an issue other than if the tail light gets damaged.)

Upvote 0
I have the weather tech brand for my Y & the and they work as designed. The carpet exiting the door still gets a bit dirty & dirt then to collect in this area. I’d wish the mat extended further up under the brake pedal. There’s also Velcro hooks to keep the mat in place.
The Tesmanian mats have higher sides, both along the doorsill, behind the pedals, and along the center console.

Upvote 0
It seems most posts regarding mats are all about all weather mats. I might use them in slushy winter weather but personally I don’t really think rubber looks or feels so great in general. And I definitely don’t need sides so high it looks like a tray for fair weather days. Are there any classy looking carpeted mats available for the Y?

Upvote 0