Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand of 12v battery for Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! Quick question. What's the beat lead acid battery i can get to replace my current one? I ask because I'm embarking on a trip with a friend in our Y's and we want to have one handy in case either of us needs it.
What you should bring on your trip is a small 12V lithium jump starter pack. (These currently sell for ~$50 on Amazon, etc.) The Tesla Model Y owner's manual provides information on how to release the hood and access the 12V battery jump starting terminals in the event of a failed 12V battery.

Hey all! Quick question. What's the beat lead acid battery i can get to replace my current one? I ask because I'm embarking on a trip with a friend in our Y's and we want to have one handy in case either of us needs it.

The cheapest place to buy a battery for your model Y is likely the tesla service center. If your model Y actually uses the lead acid battery and not the new lithium battery, it should be $85 at the tesla service center, which is likely cheaper than anything else you will find that is compatible anywhere else.

The cheapest place to buy a battery for your model Y is likely the tesla service center. If your model Y actually uses the lead acid battery and not the new lithium battery, it should be $85 at the tesla service center, which is likely cheaper than anything else you will find that is compatible anywhere else.
Yep, Mobile Service doing mine next week, $110 - very reasonable.

• Informative
Reactions: Mike_TV