Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Branson, Mo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We'll be visiting Branson, Mo in November and will be staying at the Suites @ Fall Creek.
I checked with the front desk who said maintenance will help me find an outlet to plug into.
Has anyone stayed there? I'm assuming they will have a Nema 14-50 somewhere on the property.

The lady I spoke with at the front desk said they had someone recently stay with a Tesla and they had a place to plug in. Of course she didn't know one outlet from another. Maybe the maintenance people have 14-50 somewhere.
There's a supercharger 50 miles away which should give me plenty to last while I stay in town, but it would be nice to fill up where we're staying.

Hey there, We have a popular shown in Branson. Thehaygoods.com I have never seen a Tesla as I don't think anyone has one around here. If you would show me your Tesla for a minute or two I will get you free tickets to our show. Dying to check one out... I am fascinated by electric cars and want one soon. Hit me up if interested. [email protected] Thanks!

Hey there, We have a popular shown in Branson. Thehaygoods.com I have never seen a Tesla as I don't think anyone has one around here. If you would show me your Tesla for a minute or two I will get you free tickets to our show. Dying to check one out... I am fascinated by electric cars and want one soon. Hit me up if interested. [email protected] Thanks!
I'll get with you when we come to town.

The lady I spoke with at the front desk said they had someone recently stay with a Tesla and they had a place to plug in. Of course she didn't know one outlet from another. Maybe the maintenance people have 14-50 somewhere.
There's a supercharger 50 miles away which should give me plenty to last while I stay in town, but it would be nice to fill up where we're staying.

If they do have something, please add it on Plugshare, but I bet it's a 120v outlet at best.
There is a Wyndam very close to your resort that has EV plugs (assuming J1772s), it says for hotel guests, but I suspect you could use them if you ask.

Downtown Branson, near the landing, has a number of J1772 chargers. The ones on the parking lot on either side of the Branson Landing are 204v/30a chargers, they are usually open (occasionally ICE'd at peak hours) and are free and reliable Chargepoint chargers. There are a couple of J1772 chargers just up the hill from the Landing at the electric company (find it on ChargePoint) that are 240v/30a and I've never seen anyone but me charger there, so you get a little more bang for the buck for charging rate. Even farther up the same hill from the landing is a hotel with a Tesla Destination charger, but I think it is also just 204/30, so no real benefit and the parking is a bit sketchier.

The Supercharger in Springfield is one of the nicer ones I've used, but you'll use quite a bit of juice getting to Branson thanks to the hills and distance. So I suspect that you will want to take advantage of some time exploring the Branson Landing, maybe having dinner and get a few hours of charge there.

Hi Tim, there are a TON of Teslas in Branson and Springfield, just gotta keep your eyes peeled. Let me know if you want to see my Model 3 and/or Model X--just send me a PM and I'll be happy to take you for a spin.

Checked in again with the receptionist at the resort in Branson, who checked with maintenance, who said no 14-50's on the grounds. :(
Guess I know from which way I'll be driving into town.
Probably have to juice up while shopping to add a little extra.

Be there next week!

It'd be great with all the shows/theaters in Branson if they'd put some chargers in their parking lots while you're spending a few hours at a show!

While in Branson next week, I'll be attending shows at the King's Castle Theatre and the Sight & Sound Theatre.
I noticed on google maps that on many of the light poles in the parking lots appear to have outlets on them.
I'll check when I'm there next week and post my results. That would be great if they are and I could access them.
Has anyone in Branson checked out the light pole outlets to see if they are Nema 14-50's?
Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 6.52.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 6.55.51 PM.png

Checked in again with the receptionist at the resort in Branson, who checked with maintenance, who said no 14-50's on the grounds. :(
Guess I know from which way I'll be driving into town.
Probably have to juice up while shopping to add a little extra.

Be there next week!

It'd be great with all the shows/theaters in Branson if they'd put some chargers in their parking lots while you're spending a few hours at a show!

The Tanger mall also has some chargepoint chargers.

I live 30 miles north of Branson and have done it several times. I have a 100D and it is no problem to do it round trip on one charge. It is only about 85 miles one way. So if you have a 100D it is no issue. Not sure if you have 60, but I would think a 75 or 85 could do it. There are several destination chargers in Branson if you run too close.

Reactions: miles267