Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brasil Model 3 reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J

jbcarioca

Since Brasil Model 3 reservations were opened on 1st April 2016 I am very curious how many of us there are. I am one for Rio de Janeiro, made about three minutes after I found that they could be made.

The Model P3D+ I own now in Miami convinces me it will be perfect at home.

Of course we will need Superchargers. I am hoping/expecting that we will have them in place for at least SP (at least three in the city), RJ, BH plus Destination Chargers pretty much all over major travel routes, especially resort cities.

The huge unknown is how much actual demand there will be. With several other manufacturers bring BEV to Brasil, maybe the time has come, despite the new government hostility to 'green'. If Projeto Brasil 2030 can proceed...

Attachments

• Projeto Brasil 2030.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 110
For what it's worth, I hold a day 2 reservation and I know of two other people who have reservations as well. This is in Sao Paulo.

Superchargers are to be expected when Tesla officially moves into the country. What I'm curious about is how they will deal with the fact that we don't have suburbs and people live in apartment buildings that are not prepared for EV charging.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Since Brasil Model 3 reservations were opened on 1st April 2016 I am very curious how many of us there are. I am one for Rio de Janeiro, made about three minutes after I found that they could be made.

The Model P3D+ I own now in Miami convinces me it will be perfect at home.

Of course we will need Superchargers. I am hoping/expecting that we will have them in place for at least SP (at least three in the city), RJ, BH plus Destination Chargers pretty much all over major travel routes, especially resort cities.

The huge unknown is how much actual demand there will be. With several other manufacturers bring BEV to Brasil, maybe the time has come, despite the new government hostility to 'green'. If Projeto Brasil 2030 can proceed...
You’re from Brazil?

For what it's worth, I hold a day 2 reservation and I know of two other people who have reservations as well. This is in Sao Paulo.

Superchargers are to be expected when Tesla officially moves into the country. What I'm curious about is how they will deal with the fact that we don't have suburbs and people live in apartment buildings that are not prepared for EV charging.
I imagine Tesla will work in Brazil similarly to their practice in Hong Kong, Shanghai, London and other large cities. They tend to locate Supercharger banks in Shoppng Centers, public parking facilities and encourage car parks at airports, hotels, etc to have Destination chargers while helping with Condominium and other such locations to put charging in residents parking spaces.

Luckily, in Rio I actually live in a house so I will just put in an HPWC. Since my master panel in in my garage with extra capacity so no problem. There are very few single family houses left in most large Brazilian cities, as you mention.

It would probably be useful for Tesla to know how many residents have each type of dwelling so they can prepare. Since we are still scheduled for “ early 2019” we probably will learn more sometime within the next few months.

Found a photo of a Model 3 charging at a supermarket in Joinville, Brazil, near Curitiba, if it means anything. I think this one is imported because it is using a special adapter.
962D60BD-FEC0-401E-AD16-92E408B49A09.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: jbcarioca
There is one person who owns Models S3X all. There are a handful of other Tesla Model S and X in Brazil. For other interest there are now six BEV sold in Brazil:
Renault Zoe
JAC iEV 40
Chevrolet Bolt
Nissan Leaf
BMW i3
Jaguar I-Pace

In addition the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, Volvo XC60, Lexus and Toyota Hybrids are sold in Brazil.

Not officially imported but here are at least some: Porsche Cayenne PHEV, Mitsubishi iMiev, and about 30 BYD e8's (used as rental cars), plus a handful of others.

Some Tesla have been imported by
Elektra Motors é uma empresa de energia renovável com sede em Miami-USA e São Paulo-SP, Brasil. – Produtos 100% elétricos e sustentáveis, veículos Tesla Motors, Scooter Elektra, E-bikes, E-patinetes, garagem solar e painéis solares.. among others.

Since several States now have IPVA exemption and a couple have serious reductions in IPVA it certainly is becoming time for Tesla to begin delivering the Model 3's that have been reserved here since March and April 2016!