Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Break Caliber Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model X 75D in March. I have 3,400 miles on the car. While on my way home from work I heard that unmistakable sound that we all have heard....grinding, as if you have no break pads. Turns out that my rear Driver side Caliper came loose and was grinding against my new 22" onyx Wheel that cost be $5,500.00. Had to call Roadside assistance and get towed. It is sitting at the shop now. I am waiting for my call to let me know how long I will be without my vehicle. I better get a replacement wheel. This is surely a quality control issue that could have had serious consequences. Has anyone had a similar issue?

I took delivery of my Model X 75D in March. I have 3,400 miles on the car. While on my way home from work I heard that unmistakable sound that we all have heard....grinding, as if you have no break pads. Turns out that my rear Driver side Caliper came loose and was grinding against my new 22" onyx Wheel that cost be $5,500.00. Had to call Roadside assistance and get towed. It is sitting at the shop now. I am waiting for my call to let me know how long I will be without my vehicle. I better get a replacement wheel. This is surely a quality control issue that could have had serious consequences. Has anyone had a similar issue?
BRAKE CALIBER.... PUN WAS INTENDED

Had the issue resolved, and got the Tesla back in less than 24 hours. Tech said that the one bolt had backed out. They usually use a blue Loctite, and this bolt had red. They think that was the issue. Regardless, this is not something that should have happen. They replaced the Wheel, and all parts. Tesla roadside assistance had a tow-truck there in less than an hour. The service center was great, and follow up was outstanding.

• Love
Reactions: Fiddler and McManX
Had the issue resolved, and got the Tesla back in less than 24 hours. Tech said that the one bolt had backed out. They usually use a blue Loctite, and this bolt had red. They think that was the issue. Regardless, this is not something that should have happen. They replaced the Wheel, and all parts. Tesla roadside assistance had a tow-truck there in less than an hour. The service center was great, and follow up was outstanding.
Tesla's service is unmatched, in my opinion.

Reactions: Fiddler