Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Break-in on Sentry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sentry caught this guy smashing my passenger front window in broad daylight. All the right repeater videos were corrupt except for this short clip. Nothing taken and nothing in the car to take... unless he was going for the screen thinking it was a tablet? Maybe just didn’t like the car? Not sure when the alarm was triggered, but obviously sentry and the alarm didn’t do squat... the cams and or files that would be critical to identifying this guy are worthless.

• Helpful
Reactions: 1 person

Here’s the front cam... I believe this is the guy pulling up in the Saturn. At the 20 sec mark you see the car pull into frame and stop a bit too far out to identify. Appears Someone gets out (rear passenger?) based on suspension travel and a few seconds later you can see glass flying in front of the cam. License plate is too blurry and everything is just off camera.

Maybe someone here has some fancy tech to read the plate?

Lucky I got any video at all since my usb drives have all stopped working within days of being inserted. I just happened to reformat and reinsert this drive a day ago.

Sentry caught this guy smashing my passenger front window in broad daylight. All the right repeater videos were corrupt except for this short clip. Nothing taken and nothing in the car to take... unless he was going for the screen thinking it was a tablet? Maybe just didn’t like the car? Not sure when the alarm was triggered, but obviously sentry and the alarm didn’t do squat... the cams and or files that would be critical to identifying this guy are worthless.

I've raised this issue with my local SC via appointments and they've called and informed me that the update that'll fix it is like 2019.24.xxx

Tesla knows about the video corruption issue and is working on a solution. Suck it's too late for you and me (I had a kid try to pry off the left repeater chrome plateand Sentry got nothing). Sorry your car was broken into.

That sucks. I hope for some improvements to sentry mode video coming the future. Every time I look at my videos half of them are corrupt or empty. On screen review of sentry events, internal storage ( would be nice), and improved code are needed to make this truly useful. No good if you’re missing 2/3 of the info each time.

Typically my drives gets corrupted within a few days of being inserted... I’ll catch a handful non-eventful videos, then the camera icon will disappear. This is the first time all the right repeater videos were 0 kb...

You're not the only one :), the data corruption bug exists when it transfers recent clips to saved clips. Hopefully 2019.24.xxx is rolled out soon.

upload_2019-6-13_8-50-49.png

I've raised this issue with my local SC via appointments and they've called and informed me that the update that'll fix it is like 2019.24.xxx

Tesla knows about the video corruption issue and is working on a solution. Suck it's too late for you and me (I had a kid try to pry off the left repeater chrome plateand Sentry got nothing). Sorry your car was broken into.

Hopefully, all this is true. Feel bad complaining about a thing that was added for free after the fact, but it needs to work better. This would be awesome if they could fix it and possibly provide guidance about the correct drives for sentry, unless all of them work after coming updates.

Hopefully, all this is true. Feel bad complaining about a thing that was added for free after the fact, but it needs to work better. This would be awesome if they could fix it and possibly provide guidance about the correct drives for sentry, unless all of them work after coming updates.

Agreed... also beef up the deterrent measures and audible warnings about being recorded etc. Having video to review after the break in feels like playing with a scab... damage is already done. I’d rather have un-eventful videos and an un-violated car.

That sucks. I hope for some improvements to sentry mode video coming the future. Every time I look at my videos half of them are corrupt or empty. On screen review of sentry events, internal storage ( would be nice), and improved code are needed to make this truly useful. No good if you’re missing 2/3 of the info each time.

Try a 32GB Micro SC card? I haven't had it go full yet, takes quite a while. As for the file corruption issue... I can only guess on the cause, it never happens during driving (higher power/current). Could be a power thing when the car is in idle and not enough juice to the repeaters?

I'd rather have a "Kitt" voice announce "you are violating me. I am Kitt and I will now attack you back!" rather than a farting sound option. Or am I dating myself by my choice - any more recent threatening robot/AI voice (or a choice?) would be great. Oh and maybe the sound of police sirens beginning to play few seconds after the announcement ;)

I'd rather have a "Kitt" voice announce "you are violating me. I am Kitt and I will now attack you back!" rather than a farting sound option. Or am I dating myself by my choice - any more recent threatening robot/AI voice (or a choice?) would be great. Oh and maybe the sound of police sirens beginning to play few seconds after the announcement ;)

i like the ED-209 voice from RoboCop... a sufficiently menacing- "step away from the vehicle, you have 20 seconds to comply" or something.

Reactions: sceptic