Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Breakdown cover for company-owned car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone recommend a provider of breakdown assistance for company-owned cars (but not fleet)?

I have been advised that limitation in Tesla’s roadside assistance mean that it is sensible to take out breakdown cover with the RAC or AA for punctures etc. However both of these organizations only cover cars that are privately owned and mine is a company car (my company that is).

Can anyone recommend a provider of breakdown assistance for company-owned cars (but not fleet)?

I have been advised that limitation in Tesla’s roadside assistance mean that it is sensible to take out breakdown cover with the RAC or AA for punctures etc. However both of these organizations only cover cars that are privately owned and mine is a company car (my company that is).

never heard of a breakdown company asking for v5 proof before so if you had a personal policy...

I have RAC cover and they've never been bothered about which of my cars I'm in so while I haven't looked at the policy in years I assume it's driver, not car. Also when I had my own business and my car was RAC'd it never crossed my mind, wasn't asked if it was a company car and certainly don't recall a question to that effect when I took the cover out. Thereafter it;s just been an automatic annual payment just with change of address/bank when i retired.

(I took the cover out one year when taking a short break and driving up to the lake district the car developed a horrid speed wobble feeling. Thinking something nasty might happen I'd pulled into a services where RAC were runnign a promotion. I was honest with the chappy but he happily signed me up for immediate cover. After the break I dropped it in to my local garage and it turned out just to be a balance weight had fallen off)

Reactions: Cogarch
Thanks for the replies. While it’s true that try as I might I could not find confirmation that the AA’s personal cover does not cover company-owned cars I see that they do business cover that can apply to a single vehicle, and seems like a pretty good deal. However the Autoaid service also looks very interesting.

Last edited: