Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Breaking: First-Ever Tesla Model 3 Responding To Traffic Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
We have very little information here, but our team saw and experienced this firsthand. Kyle Conner (Out of Spec Motoring), the head of our new InsideEVs YouTube channel had a very unique experience today. He was able to ride in a Tesla Model 3 that has the update that allows it to “see” and respond...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/03/27/video-tesla-model-3-responds-traffic-lights/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Reactions: linux-works
I think it's weird they'll show the video of something that likely they've signed a legally binding NDA on; BUT, won't show the software version which would have less incriminating info in it compared to the video which others have already identified the state, city, and road. Not to mention the person also recently got a new Tesla.

Meanwhile, we are waiting for the HW3 upgrade :(

you need to call / contract the service center - I scheduled mobile service for an issue with the fog light and asked for the HW3 upgrade, they said they had them and Bazinga! I now have HW3 - no loaners during the pandemic crisis and no contact with service center employees with social distancing but the service center was busy in Superior, Colorado (new service center)

Reactions: APotatoGod
Seem's like Tesla is using machine learning here instead of writing specific code. It identifies the signal and it's color. However, regardless if it's green or red (or yellow) it plans to stop (seemingly dangerously if green) and the user has to prompt if you should go or let the car stop. So not only is there a release of implied liability since you decided to let the car stop or go; the machine learning takes all the user responses and determines the pattern that will eventually be applied as to when they allow a stop and when to proceed. IE what do do when red, or green and when to do that depending on speed and distance.

Just a guess here.

you need to call / contract the service center - I scheduled mobile service for an issue with the fog light and asked for the HW3 upgrade, they said they had them and Bazinga! I now have HW3 - no loaners during the pandemic crisis and no contact with service center employees with social distancing but the service center was busy in Superior, Colorado (new service center)
poster is in Norway

Seem's like Tesla is using machine learning here instead of writing specific code. It identifies the signal and it's color. However, regardless if it's green or red (or yellow) it plans to stop (seemingly dangerously if green) and the user has to prompt if you should go or let the car stop. So not only is there a release of implied liability since you decided to let the car stop or go; the machine learning takes all the user responses and determines the pattern that will eventually be applied as to when they allow a stop and when to proceed. IE what do do when red, or green and when to do that depending on speed and distance.

Just a guess here.

Is this breaking news.... or braking news..... :)

Got a notice when I started up my Model X that "Full self-driving update is complete.". However, I can't see anywhere where I can activate this. On normal autopilot and Autosteer, I don't notice it doing anything different than it has before. I just got this update maybe two days ago. Has anyone else gotten this notification? And do you know what is needed to activate this?

Got a notice when I started up my Model X that "Full self-driving update is complete.". However, I can't see anywhere where I can activate this. On normal autopilot and Autosteer, I don't notice it doing anything different than it has before. I just got this update maybe two days ago. Has anyone else gotten this notification? And do you know what is needed to activate this?

Check your menus. You should have navigate in autopilot and summon now

Not for me, I had an appointment but they cancelled it when I gave them a bad review for not fixing the issue I was in for (ghosting windshield, creating a vision issue at night). Of course they said they cancled it because they ran out of computers to install (even though they originally had one for mine). Meanwhile they keep installing them for other people. Tesla service is still really bad... Shouldn't have to beg to get the things you said for.