Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Breaking: First-Ever Tesla Model 3 Responding To Traffic Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol I read the story, what a waste, I might as well drive the car myself.

Yeah, right? So, it’s going to slow down for green lights, then you have to confirm to go through them? Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.
How about this instead: figure out speed limit signs, and have the car adjust to them. I’m 123miles on autopilot so far, and the lack of speed limit data is surprising. My Volvo’s displayed the correct speed limit 99% of the time (yes, I know MobilEye). The Audi’s with driver assistance packages on them adapt to the speed limits.
As impressive as Autopilot is (and it is), they really need to figure out some of these other issues.

Yeah, right? So, it’s going to slow down for green lights, then you have to confirm to go through them? Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.
How about this instead: figure out speed limit signs, and have the car adjust to them. I’m 123miles on autopilot so far, and the lack of speed limit data is surprising. My Volvo’s displayed the correct speed limit 99% of the time (yes, I know MobilEye). The Audi’s with driver assistance packages on them adapt to the speed limits.
As impressive as Autopilot is (and it is), they really need to figure out some of these other issues.

Well, does it actually slow down immediately or only after it realizes there is no driver input? As long as you are paying attention, and nudge the gas it should keep going was my understanding.