Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Breakout Session Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to post these videos somewhere that's member-only and doesn't cost anything?
youtube = you need a gmail account; vimeo embedding = $$ ....
(sp4rk -- I did see your PM; might be worth posting here, too)

First, thanks for taping and editing these sessions!

As to posting... perhaps not the most elegant solution, but a facebook account could be created (i.e., Teslive Videos), and if TMC is okay with sending an email that automatically goes to all members, you could write a brief note that friending the page will provide access to links to the videos (either on facebook directly if it's set up for that or on some other website). You could probably skip the friending requirement (and time spent responding to friend requests)... not too many people will randomly stumble on the page, especially if you give it an obscure name (you might leave out the word Tesla!).

To clarify, the original intent was for attendees (not all TMC members). So while we could use a private/unlisted link in Youtube, there's concern that the URL would leak, etc. Perhaps we should revisit that decision with TESLIVE folks because it's impeding our ability to get this content to everyone. It's now been long enough that the value of keeping them private (so we didn't cannibalize the event -- cause people to stay at home and watch the videos vs. attend in person) seems minimal.

To clarify, the original intent was for attendees (not all TMC members). So while we could use a private/unlisted link in Youtube, there's concern that the URL would leak, etc. Perhaps we should revisit that decision with TESLIVE folks because it's impeding our ability to get this content to everyone. It's now been long enough that the value of keeping them private (so we didn't cannibalize the event -- cause people to stay at home and watch the videos vs. attend in person) seems minimal.
I'm just one of many but I have no problem with opening this up more broadly. I got plenty of value for my Teslive investment. :)

I do have an additional request though...

Is there a DVD (multiple DVDs?) package planned? If not, I'd like to suggest that one be considered. I'd be happy to pay $20 for it (maybe more if the package was compelling).

I'd happily pay for it. As long as it gets done!
Why can't the videos be stored for download on the iron that runs this site?
Depending on bandwidth requirements (hard drives are cheap) I'm sure lots of us have access to "iron" on the 'net for storage. Cloud based or our own servers?
Myself included.

Focus on Teslive 2013 Videos, not 2014!

Ok, I am going to rain on this parade!

How about we focus our energies on the aftermath of Teslive 2013. Remember 2013? July 12?

As much as I commend all those responsible for pulling it off; we have now been waiting 4 (four) months for the breakout session videos!

None of us were able to see 3/4 of what went on as we could not be in two places at the same time.

So, "those in charge", where are they?????

I happen to know the videos are ready. Why are they nowhere for us to see them? For pay or free?
Patience is one thing, and we've all been very patient, waiting 4 months; but this has gone on far too long. Cinergy spent so much time doing all the work (and maybe others), and I am certain he has done his part.
Whomever is in charge of publishing the breakout session videos project; if you are having a problem of any kind, tell us and if you need help delegate it!

With what we've all been able to read about "internal problems" of the past 2 weeks
and who knows what else we do not know about including all the bickering about signatures, it's time for TMC / Teslive to get something positive going and this would be just that; but a big grin back on our faces!

(Why would we flock to Teslive 2014 if we can once again only see "1/4 of it" and have no assurance we'd be able to see the rest?)

Last edited:
+1 Sp4rk. I would like to join Teslive 2014 but being on the East coast and working full time I need to plan on it. If like last year it is revealed at the last minute I will not be able to make it. And I too am waiting patiently for the videos.

4 months later - WHERE are the Teslive 2013 videos?

I have posted this under Teslive 2014, maybe a mistake?

As much as I commend all those responsible for pulling it off; we have now been waiting 4 (four) months for the breakout session videos!

None of us were able to see 3/4 of what went on as we could not be in two places at the same time.

So, "those in charge", where are they?????

The videos are ready. Why are they nowhere for us to see them? For pay or free?
Patience is one thing, and we've all been very patient, waiting 4 months; but this has gone on far too long!
Cinergy spent so much time doing all the work (and maybe others), and I am certain he has done his part.
Whomever is in charge of publishing the breakout session videos project; if you are having a problem of any kind, tell us and if you need help delegate it!

With what we've all been able to read about "internal problems" of the past 2 weeks
and who knows what else we do not know about including all the bickering about all sorts of things and the repetitive posts about f1r3s, it's time for TMC / Teslive to get something positive going and this would be just that; but a big grin back on our faces!

(Why would we flock to Teslive 2014 if we can once again only see "1/4 of it" and have no assurance we'd be able to see the rest?)

Last edited:
I agree with sp4rk too. We all appreciated everything at TESLIVE and all the work it took to pull off.
I am a Founder (member sponsor) and would also ask for an answer about the videos.
The meeting was limited in attendance and there was discussion that it would be easy to double or triple attendance for 2014.
For that to happen a date and location needs to be announced way earlier and some of these teething pains need to be fixed ASAP.
If help is needed I'm sure there are a lot of us out there that would be glad to pitch in.

It does seem like for 2014 we should hire a professional video company to document the breakout sessions, and have an extra fee during registration for those that want to get a DVD. I think that will make next year smoother. Although I'd love to see the videos, I disagree with SP4RK's comment about why we wouldn't want to go to TESLIVE 2014.

All the moderators on this forum are volunteers. All the people that organized TESLIVE are volunteers. They have lives outside of TMC. They have families, they have full time jobs and they are full time students. We get the impression from this forum lately that everyone is a professional investor with no other life, but that is not the case.

I do agree we need to get back to the positive side of TMC. Actually, that is EXACTLY what will bring me back to TESLIVE. Everyone was positive at TESLIVE 2013, and I made some friends, that I'm looking forward to seeing again. Everyone was friendly. There was no infighting, and although many people present were investors, that was not the entire focus of the event. We were excited about fast cars, about well designed cars, about changing the auto industry, about getting off oil, about changing the world.

I look forward to reconnecting in a relaxed way with the people in this community, instead of looking at this forum and wincing as I read the insensitivity that I've seen lately (my apologies in advance to sp4rk. This comment ISN'T meant for you, but there are others on this forum lately that have really crossed the line of civility and respect, and it is has been quite disheartening to read lately.)

I seriously hope that TESLIVE 2014 brings back that positive vibe. I for one would like to volunteer to help organize TESLIVE 2014. Anyone on the organizing committee, please feel free to PM me, and let me know how I can help.

Thanks Lori.

All the people that organized TESLIVE are volunteers.

Were they all? I don't know.

If they ALL were where did the $250 * 300 ($75,000) and the Founders money (what 20*$5k?) $100,000 ... $175,000 go?

I am NOT nit picking, complaining ... merely questioning your assertion? Wondering?

I too enjoyed Teslive 2013. I would simply like to see the rest of it! :)

Agree 100% with your other comments ... if I read another comment about f1r3 :) ... (please note leet spelling so Google does not pick the word up.

Yes. Of course! $175,000?

Facilities, AV, catering, hotel, generators, permits and more.....I've put on a few of these myself and know that costs add up fast, so let's get back to the videos:

I wasn't on the organizing committee per se, just helping with the presentations but yes I believe it was all volunteers. IIRC it was a last minute decision/request to put up the videos and Cinergi explained up-thread the difficulty of matching 180Gig of raw data with a seperate soundtrack. Everyone has been very patient and it's plenty ok to bump this thread; the good news is that it sounds like something is going up soon so we can all look forward to that. :)

Last edited:
What size pipe do you have (upload) ... and what size is the video?
What service are you trying to upload to? YouTube?

The first attempt was at work with a commercial 45 Mbit DS3 line... it's about 6 gig, going to YouTube. And it's not like it failed, it was "Rejected" -- no reason given. Try #2 is happening now (almost done) at home. We're also likely moving to another service so even if Google/YouTube continues to be a b**ch, we've got another option.