Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Breakout Session Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first attempt was at work with a commercial 45 Mbit DS3 line... it's about 6 gig, going to YouTube. And it's not like it failed, it was "Rejected" -- no reason given. Try #2 is happening now (almost done) at home. We're also likely moving to another service so even if Google/YouTube continues to be a b**ch, we've got another option.
Good luck ... are you saying Google / youtube are rejecting it based on reasons like copyright or appropriateness? How could they before it was finished and they could "view it"?
I thought you told me it was going to be uploaded to another service?

Just a thought in regards to video size. Converting the content into WebM codec - which is what Google uses for all high-end video on YouTube would help in regards to file size with little effect on quality.

I've used WebM for a couple of years now. I'd link to my explanation of the best tools to use etc - but that would be a link to my website. Since admins here seem to be a bit strict about such things I can be of no further help.

Earlier this month I went live with video content from a 5 hour meeting. All content converted to WebM from Sony .MTS. Of course the best practice - yet rarely done - is to host your own content. With WordPress, CloudFlare and a good hosting provider it's not that hard of a task. Once setup - hosting your own content offers many advantages and keeps eyeballs on your website not one you don't own or control.

Pretty aggravating how most site owners and developers are so stuck in a rut using Closed Source solutions - when many Open Source options exist and are equal to or in some cases superior to Closed.

WebM is now supported by all web browsers. Older browser versions may require a plug-in to view content. Of course WebM looks best in Google Chrome - I use SeaMonkey browser.

Last edited:
We have a couple vids up that should be viewable to 2013 attendees. Sadly the quality is not great. We had a break even budget and put our resources into the live stream of the general session (which I think turned out well). Recording the breakouts was a bit of an afterthought.

Dare I ask where the rest of them are?

Ball's in my court for that. I just moved (this better be the last time I move for a while!) and am almost done unpacking. I doubt I'll get to it this weekend (winter storm now and I have my service being upgraded to 200A Saturday so I'll be busy with that for a while). Given it seems like people are OK with the quality as-is, it should be a lot easier/faster for me to get the rest uploaded.