TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Breezewood, PA supercharger needed

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by MGMDaware, Jul 23, 2016.

1. MGMDaware

MGMDaware Member

Half way Bw Pittsburgh and dc. This would stop me from needing to stop twice. Just a thought

• Dislike x 1
  2. 1101011

1101011 Proud TSLA/SCTY shareholder since 2012.

Agreed. And next to the Starbucks would be just about ideal.

3. MGMDaware

MGMDaware Member

They need either a larger Starbucks or a second one. The current breezewood Starbucks is a cluster f*#k. But otherwise, yes.... Put the supercharger just above the Starbucks. There is plenty of space up there.

4. Chuq

Chuq Member

Somerset to Hagerstown - 107 miles
    Somerset to Harrisburg - 140 miles

Even Pittsburg to Hagerstown direct is 175 miles.

I wouldn't really say it's "needed" while there are still a LOT of locations which are inaccessible via superchargers.

5. MGMDaware

MGMDaware Member

Yes, those SC stations make the trip doable without any range anxiety and in the summer, my 75d would make the Hagerstown to Pitt, but we make several trips in the winter. In any event, I agree it's not necessary. I just want. Similar to spending $100k on a car. It's not necessary, but I want what I want ;)

• Like x 1
  6. jaguar36

jaguar36 Member

So many other locations would be far more useful than Breezewood. The whole I-80 corridor for instance. The whole state of West Virginia. Tesla should be filling in the gaps or increasing capacity at overloaded stations long before putting chargers in here.

• Like x 1
  7. MGMDaware

MGMDaware Member

I guess I can't argue that. I'd rather the network be complete then adding superfluous SC's.