Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brexit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds the right approach. Rejoin now. Behave properly.

However these are Tesla investment forums. Is it possible to ask that we keep this to Tesla-specific investment-related matters ?

If not, my guess is that it will be very messy here.

1) Behaving like proper Franco-Germans (ruling class French and Germans) is not in the Best British interest. I don't see Labour campaigning on it. Or any party that has a chance to from a governing majority in Parliament.

2) This is the Brexit thread. Like Belgian Tax law thread or Covid thread. It need not be Tesla specific investment related matters.

Reactions: Lasairfion
1) Behaving like proper Franco-Germans (ruling class French and Germans) is not in the Best British interest. I don't see Labour campaigning on it. Or any party that has a chance to from a governing majority in Parliament.

2) This is the Brexit thread. Like Belgian Tax law thread or Covid thread. It need not be Tesla specific investment related matters.

1. You are mistaken as to what are the best interests of the UK. You may wish to assert, but that is different than a statement of fact.

2. If you wish to put little englander politics here, then expect to get derision and pushback.

EU were too tough on Cameron.
EU were too tough on May.
This allowed Boris to come in. Still the EU played tough.
Now the EU are playing tough with vaccinations.
Will they ever learn.
This is a red rag to a bull.
They are making brexiteers out of the whole of the UK. Even the Guardian is supporting Boris's side.
The EU was setup post World War 2 to promote peace on the continent - not political war.
If the EU carry on like this, they will get a Singapore on Thames...

EU were too tough on Cameron.
EU were too tough on May.
This allowed Boris to come in. Still the EU played tough.
Now the EU are playing tough with vaccinations.
Will they ever learn.
This is a red rag to a bull.
They are making brexiteers out of the whole of the UK. Even the Guardian is supporting Boris's side.
The EU was setup post World War 2 to promote peace on the continent - not political war.
If the EU carry on like this, they will get a Singapore on Thames...

Thank you for your continued Brexiteer assertions and anti-EU-slandering. If the UK had not been consistently trying to weaponise Northern Ireland I rather suspect that the EU would not have thought it necessary to protect themselves against the perfidious Cons.

Thank you for your continued Brexiteer assertions and anti-EU-slandering. If the UK had not been consistently trying to weaponise Northern Ireland I rather suspect that the EU would not have thought it necessary to protect themselves against the perfidious Cons.
Err - I was and remain a remainer...
Look through my posts - I have surprised myself with my consistency.
I would go back to the EU in a heart beat - partly now through fear of their perfidious vindictiveness.
A post from 2 years:
Incredibly, a no deal scenario is picking up momentum in the UK. As Trump would say:
Bad for the EU
Bad for the UK
Brexit: most Tory members would choose no deal over May's plan
EU need to throw us a bone on the backstop before we actually shoot ourselves in the foot..

PM urges EU action to ease Brexit tensions in NI
Boris aggressively pushing boundaries. Puts EU in a difficult position. Sounds like we can expect terrorism at some point.

I think that Brexit will alter the EUs future dramatically now. I think they will have to open up to the rest of the world - following the UK.

There already is terrorism in NI by the unionists aimed at the NI section of the WA. The graffiti and number plate gathering and tailing of vehicles to homes was not intended to make the border officials feel safe. Note : it is the unionists conducting this, who are the Cons' allies, a fact that will not have escaped the EU.

There already is terrorism in NI by the unionists aimed at the NI section of the WA. The graffiti and number plate gathering and tailing of vehicles to homes was not intended to make the border officials feel safe. Note : it is the unionists conducting this, who are the Cons' allies, a fact that will not have escaped the EU.
EU had their chance to work with Cameron or May. Now they have to work with a badly behaved Boris. A race to the bottom on ethics will create war on several fronts. EU need to operate as the parent here. UK will keep moving right towards Singapore if the EU don't find a way to throw us a bone. Not good for anyone. After 4 years of this, when will the EU get it?

EU had their chance to work with Cameron or May. Now they have to work with a badly behaved Boris. A race to the bottom on ethics will create war on several fronts. EU need to operate as the parent here. UK will keep moving right towards Singapore if the EU don't find a way to throw us a bone. Not good for anyone. After 4 years of this, when will the EU get it?

Nope, EU need to work iaw with the WA and the TA, nothing more, nothing less. And if the UK does not comply then the EU should turn up the heat as the WA and TA both allow for.

The Johnson administration of Cons and the DUP in NI and the folk on the ground with spray cans are some of the many layers of plausible deniability that allow dog-whistling to the rabid Brexiteers simultaneously with victim-positioning. Just like the co-operative behaviour of the shorts this is a well understood play that they all know their roles in, and go and do it with out any need for overt coordination. Don't be naive, and don't be fooled by it. The EU certainly aren't - and there is no reason they should be.

There is no reason for the EU to throw this (UK) dog a bone. The role of the EU is to be a very stern nanny and wait patiently for the UK to implode, whilst offering a pathway for Scotland and NI to Rejoin. Then England can follow. Meanwhile anyone that has any interest in accelerating Rejoin in the UK should be holding the Johnson Cons in particular, and Brexiters in general, to account for the consequences of their actions. Not running around as excuseniks.

Nope, EU need to work iaw with the WA and the TA, nothing more, nothing less. And if the UK does not comply then the EU should turn up the heat as the WA and TA both allow for.

The Johnson administration of Cons and the DUP in NI and the folk on the ground with spray cans are some of the many layers of plausible deniability that allow dog-whistling to the rabid Brexiteers simultaneously with victim-positioning. Just like the co-operative behaviour of the shorts this is a well understood play that they all know their roles in, and go and do it with out any need for overt coordination. Don't be naive, and don't be fooled by it. The EU certainly aren't - and there is no reason they should be.

There is no reason for the EU to throw this (UK) dog a bone. The role of the EU is to be a very stern nanny and wait patiently for the UK to implode, whilst offering a pathway for Scotland and NI to Rejoin. Then England can follow. Meanwhile anyone that has any interest in accelerating Rejoin in the UK should be holding the Johnson Cons in particular, and Brexiters in general, to account for the consequences of their actions. Not running around as excuseniks.
As much as the break up and implosion of your home country will delight you, I am not convinced any of it will happen.

The other problem with your preferred way forward is that people will die. Blood will not just be on Boris' hands. This is true in all wars. Most wars look senseless in hindsight and certainly avoidable. Now is the moment before even more pride is lost.

As much as the break up and implosion of your home country will delight you, I am not convinced any of it will happen.

The other problem with your preferred way forward is that people will die. Blood will not just be on Boris' hands. This is true in all wars. Most wars look senseless in hindsight and certainly avoidable. Now is the moment before even more pride is lost.

I was warning of the consequences long before the Brexit referendum. I do not need to be told of them in the rear view mirror. In order to minimise the damage it is important to take the fastest route to reversing the current situation. As a minimum, about a thousand years of European history tells us what not to repeat. If one does not learn from that then one is complicit.

Meaning the UK will write commercial laws to be an extremely competitive free-trading nation.

As opposed to what the EU wants. "To level the playing field" by burdening UK business with the same or nearly the same anti-competitive regulations as the EU.

you know that many people voted for Brexit due to the influx of foreigners in the UK. You also know that there is a huge amount of foreigners in Singapore

you know that many people voted for Brexit due to the influx of foreigners in the UK. You also know that there is a huge amount of foreigners in Singapore

So when did the anti-Polish pogroms start?

Like the Guardian predicted would happen after Brexit.

BTW Singapore admits qualified foreign workers it needs. It doesn't have an open immigration system with Indonesia or China. Or anybody else.

• Informative
Reactions: Buckminster
History will show Brexit as merely an adjustment in trading conditions.... all forecasters predict the majority of future economic growth will come from outside the EU, not within.

Free trade between economies with a similar GDP was (and remains) an obviously good idea. A federal Europe with a transfer of power to an unelected group of bureaucrats is never going to be. If I was running a group of 28 companies where only 8 had any hope of profitability and made a net contribution, I would need to make changes - and that wouldn't be increasing the management charges!

And the EU would like Scotland to join? Really? With a debt/GDP ratio edging 10% - membership used to be a maximum of 3%. This sets aside the EU encouraging nationalism here but opposing it in Spain.

The EU couldn't run a bath - as witnessed by their fine handling of the vaccination program.

People voted to win back the right to control our borders - not limit immigration, merely the right to maintain borders. This fact has been twisted by many to suggest that voters were xenophobic morons - which I don't believe to be the case.