Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brian Chow (of CTV show "driving television") reviews P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Except, like all reviewers, they ALL fail to make light of the huge Gas savings over the years of ownership, which actually brings the car down in price up to about 50 percent. Very little maintenance as well, which he failed to mention too!.
It astounds me that Tesla doesn't go after these guys to tell them to get their stories straight. Tesla is losing a potentially large amount of would be owners because the public only look at the initial cost of the car, which is misleading.

Yes, but I'm talking about Mr. Chow's review only, not the Tesla site.

I think your statements are a bit over the top, Chow did an amazing Review, you can tell it was 'from the hip' and not scripted (i like that, I hate it when it seems like someone is reading off a teleprompter in monotone...).

And to your statement about the savings in Gasoline, for every single person out there, it's different. Some people drive Hummer's, some drive Civics, some drive Leaf's... I personally HATE the 'estimated $10,000 Gas savings' on the calculator, I think the entire Design Studio could use a remake. Seems too plain, too, small.. Almost resembles other car manufacturer sites, which I think is disgusting and TM should distance themselves from that style.

Make the studio completely open, have the Model S always in the field-of-view as you add/subtract the Option's you want. Maybe it's just me, but I feel TM should boast the beauty of their vehicles in their design studio. Hell, might even push those on the fence over and make a sale, just from the layout/look of the design studio!

I think your statements are a bit over the top, Chow did an amazing Review, you can tell it was 'from the hip' and not scripted (i like that, I hate it when it seems like someone is reading off a teleprompter in monotone...).
Totally agree with you. A very from the heart positive review of the model S. I can picture car enthusiasts, green or not, who regularly watch his show taking more than a second look at the Model S ... people who would never have even considered looking at one before. That is exactly what we want.

And to your statement about the savings in Gasoline, for every single person out there, it's different. Some people drive Hummer's, some drive Civics, some drive Leaf's... I personally HATE the 'estimated $10,000 Gas savings' on the calculator, I think the entire Design Studio could use a remake. Seems too plain, too, small.. Almost resembles other car manufacturer sites, which I think is disgusting and TM should distance themselves from that style.

Make the studio completely open, have the Model S always in the field-of-view as you add/subtract the Option's you want. Maybe it's just me, but I feel TM should boast the beauty of their vehicles in their design studio. Hell, might even push those on the fence over and make a sale, just from the layout/look of the design studio!

curious why you lost your car as a 2016. My DS told me a car made in 2015 is considered a 2015 model.