TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bricked Roadster Value?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by chris22104, Mar 2, 2014.

1. chris22104

chris22104 Member

#1 chris22104, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    Not in this situation, but just curious what the general consensus of worth would be, of a non-wrecked, no accident, bricked Roadster (1.5, 2.0 or 2.5.) Anyone know of any sales of such, as a measurement of value?

2. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Price of an equivalent CPO roadster less warranty ($11k?) less battery ($40k?).

3. tom66

tom66 Member

Probably around $10,000 to $15,000. New pack is $40k from Tesla right?

Don't know how much repairing a car takes off its value (if anything?), but would take 90% of CPO value minus pack cost as a guess.

4. jeremyz

jeremyz Member

There was a stolen Roadster (salvage title from theft) in good condition that was sold without a battery about 6 months ago on ebay.
    2008 Tesla Roadster Damaged Theft Rebuildable Salvage Low Miles Low Reserve | eBay

spaceballs bought it with the intent of putting a custom battery pack in it. I'm not sure that he revealed the final sales price.
    Roadster #164 on ebay 29k (batteries not included) - Page 2

I called Tesla about a new pack and they told me it was $38k +/- a little based on local taxes.

5. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Not sure I would pay over $30k. If the car is in good shape otherwise and you get a new pack for $38k that puts you at $68k with a new battery.

6. bart513

bart513 Member

I bought my 2011 Roadster 2.5 in excellent condition. The battery was bricked as the owner kept it garaged in NYC and the garage personnel in "charge" of keeping it charged neglected to plug it in! I thought hard about buying a new/refurbished battery from Tesla versus a used one that was on the market. At the end of the day I bought mine from Tesla with some piece of mind.

7. chris22104

chris22104 Member

Well, taking all that into account, I'd grab one up at that price, if I could find an accident-free bricked car, especially a 2.5. I need another roadster like I need a hole in the head, but I'd get into the battery myself.....(which I always wanted to do!)

8. Pantera Dude

Pantera Dude Member

I would think an undamaged car less a battery would be worth quite a lot as a parts car?