Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bring back EAP (to USA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m watching YouTube videos to see if I need/want this. I think I know the answer but the “want” is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. The couple of drinks this evening is making it really hard NOT to press that button 😂. Any members with Enhanced AP think it’s worth it?

If one buys EAP at $6K and wants to upgrade to FSD, will it be just another $6K? Or, having made a 6K EAP purchase, can the FSD be subscribed at $99/month?

I wonder when they might raise the 12K FSD, 6K EAP, $200/mo FSD, and $100/mo EAP pricings. Matter of time obviously.

I really want the green light chime. Too bad it's part of the FSD and not EAP. The chime would make the $6K worth it!

Again IMO if it’s going to be in the $5K to $6K range, it should include lifetime premium connectivity, some additional games, 3 years worth of supercharging, etc.
I live a “comfy” lifestyle. I won’t say “money is no object”, but…

I just can’t do it @6. For 4K I was probably in but optimistically I was hoping for 3. While I know the price only goes up from here…I’ll let others spend their money on something that isn’t worth it, IMO.

@Elon….thanks for bringing it back, but no thanks at that price! 🤬

I live a “comfy” lifestyle. I won’t say “money is no object”, but…

I just can’t do it @6. For 4K I was probably in but optimistically I was hoping for 3. While I know the price only goes up from here…I’ll let others spend their money on something that isn’t worth it, IMO.

@Elon….thanks for bringing it back, but no thanks at that price! 🤬

I'm pretty much the same way, could do it purely from the perspective of spending $6K, but I'm just a little too frugal for something that has pretty vague "value" and doesn't move with the account owner.

Our M3P works terrific, as is, this would be just a little extra potential improvement. For $6K I'd rather do coilovers and new wheels that would have way more day to day impact on my ownership experience :D

I would do it for a month-to-month of $99, with a cancel any time, so if it was just "meh", no biggie a couple of months, $200, and done.

Reactions: flyingowl
It also seems like EAP is 'dead' technology. That is, unlike FSD which gets updated every once in a while, EAP will always be the same as when you purchased it. I hope I'm wrong though because having a fully working Smart Summon would be bonkers!
its just packaging, nothing is dying anywhere.
FSD isn't on all cars right now anyway, its the beta that has the future look of Autopilot and by extension EAP.
The whole point of the FSD Beta is that they are combining the two into a single thing. So basic AP will end up looking like FSD but without the extra capabilities - it will be all the same code.

FSD isn't on all cars right now anyway, its the beta that has the future look of Autopilot and by extension EAP.
The whole point of the FSD Beta is that they are combining the two into a single thing. So basic AP will end up looking like FSD but without the extra capabilities - it will be all the same code.

Not to mention that better Navigate on AutoPilot is critical for FSD, so that piece of EAP will continue to improve. But $6k? Sorry, I'm too cheap.

What and those cars that don't have the hardware for Beta? They can still buy EAP but wouldn't have access to the latest improvements if it comes from that codebase.

What and those cars that don't have the hardware for Beta? They can still buy EAP but wouldn't have access to the latest improvements if it comes from that codebase.
I don't understand that statement, it doesn't make sense.
You seem to think AP, EAP & FSD all use different hardware.
If you have a Model Y (for example) with basic AP you can get either EAP or FSD with no additional hardware needed.

There are AP and EAP cars (like mine) with HW2.5 or HW2. It's very likely that at some point the latest version of EAP will only run on HW3. Actually it's already happened with vision based autopark.
Though I could upgrade to HW3 for $1k.
That is a true statement - but conversely for any recent Tesla HW3 is standard.
I got the HW3 upgrade on my Model 3 when I bought FSD, mine was a 2018 with HW2.5 - but that isn't what I was replying to.
I was replying to the thread about EAP being a dead technology - which obviously it isn't, its just repackaged FSD (not beta).