Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bring Back The Green Mileage Icon - Please!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
its one of the few sensible updates. you will get used to it. there is no reason for it to be green.
I think they are just getting ready to make it the same color as what you are wearing. Think about it:
  1. Car has a camera that points inwards;
  2. Display has color capability;
  3. The car is loaded with AI;
  4. Its the Elon way.
So, if you are wearing orange -- battery is orange. If you are wearing plaid, the battery is plaid. That way, Elon can sell color-synchronized interior lighting as well -- via a subscription.

Just don't wear red. I've seen too many Star Trek episodes. We all know what happens then.

Last edited:
i ain’t the one making stuff up.

I cant even believe this warrants a discussion. If you have a huge screen full of very dark pixels and put a grey pixel in there you are probably not even gonna notice it. if you put a yellow, green, blue etc whatever pixel in there its gonna stand out like sore thumb. Like... that doesnt need any research.

But to aid you in going back into your troll cave you can read this:
Schaie, K. W., & Heiss, R. (1964). Color and contrast in magazine advertising. Psychology and Marketing

I cant even believe this warrants a discussion. If you have a huge screen full of very dark pixels and put a grey pixel in there you are probably not even gonna notice it. if you put a yellow, green, blue etc whatever pixel in there its gonna stand out like sore thumb. Like... that doesnt need any research.

But to aid you in going back into your troll cave you can read this:
Schaie, K. W., & Heiss, R. (1964). Color and contrast in magazine advertising. Psychology and Marketing

Your assumption that the screen is important is dubious in its own right. As while you are driving your main focus should be on the road. Not a screen.

Visual representations of what a computer thinks it sees runnig beta software has to be way down on the “important” list...

Your assumption that the screen is important is dubious in its own right. As while you are driving your main focus should be on the road. Not a screen.

Visual representations of what a computer thinks it sees runnig beta software has to be way down on the “important” list...
I believe the autopilot visualization is 2 things: 1) meant to inspire confidence great the car does know what it is doing, and 2) warmup for heads up enhanced reality windshield display that will eventually be coming.