TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bring back the "old" Blue

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by EKnight47, Jun 3, 2016.

1. EKnight47

EKnight47 Member

Not a terribly thought provoking post, but I find myself logging into the Teslamotors.com site once in a while just to see if the color options have updated. See, I had a beautiful 2013 Blue MS and traded it in for a midnight silver 70D not too long ago. The midnight silver is nice, but I see the old blue ones still running around and miss that color a lot. Why not add it back to the list? They can keep the prom dress blue color on their too! Why did they ever get rid of that color.....

2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I heard that Dolphin Grey did not sell that well either but I like it too.

3. EKnight47

EKnight47 Member

The old dark metallic blue was pretty much the only color I ever saw in these parts for a long time. I thought it was a pretty good seller, but maybe its a new england thing...

4. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

I love the old blue on the Model S. New blue, not so much. New blue looks better on the X than it does on the S, IMO.

5. Scrith

Scrith Member

I think the old blue looks awful...every time I see one (and I see a lot in Silicon Valley) it looks terribly dusty and dirty, and unless it has a fair amount of light shining on it, it looks black.

6. chloedog

chloedog Member

Yes please bring back the old blue. The new one is a bit too bright for me.

• Like x 1
  7. EKnight47

EKnight47 Member

That's what was cool about the old blue. It wasn't too "in your face" blue. It looked sharp, classy and yes...almost black.

No comparison really.....IMO.

• Like x 1
  8. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

I'm the exact opposite, I LOVE the new blue (my Model S is that color) and really didn't like the old blue at all...

Jeff

9. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

So I'm totally biased, but I love my old blue S. I like the new blue, but not as much as the old blue. When I upgrade (cough AP2.0, 100kw) then I guess I'd have to choose between midnight silver, obsidian, and the new blue).

However, I do like the new midnight silver over the dolphin gray. My wife's S is dolphin gray, and while it's a nice color it seems a little "flat". Tesla needs to add some more colors outside of the white/black/gray monochromatic scheme.

10. chloedog

chloedog Member

I had the old blue on my model s. I loved that it would look black at night but look blue in the day. I guess I do have to admit that, like most black cars, it looks bad when it gets dirty. But I think that's true of the new blue (or any color) as well.

When I traded in for my model X I configured the new blue but after a while I just didn't think I could like it as much so I paid the configuration change fee to switch to midnight silver. Really love that midnight silver over the old dolphin grey.

Can't decide how to configure your X?

11. EKnight47

EKnight47 Member

The blues are different enough that I think they could offer both. I don't think they need to swap one for the other, but I'd bet they'd sell more of the old blue than the new if swapped out. The old blue was definitely a b*tch to keep clean, but applying the xpel does wonders.

12. Zesty

Zesty Member

Maybe a nice background will help change your minds?!?!? :p I'm loving all the blue in the photo!

Attached Files: