Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bring on the snow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think thats the difference between winter performance tires and nonstudded winter tires (ice/snow tires).

Winter performance tires perform much better on dry winter roads than ice/snow tires, but ice/snow perform better on snow.

It depends on your locale and what winter conditions you normally face. For example, I'm in Boise, where we get winter temperatures, but usually winters are fairly dry. So I got winter performance tires.

If I was in a locale where you are usually driving in deep snow, or snow is usually on the roads, I would get ice/snow tires.

Preferred the -1 profile due to ~5 miles of dirt / rough roads each way to our house.

For our MY LR, we did MSW Type 77's with Blizzak LM32s. 18" All good so far including a few quite snowy days and now packed snow on the roads.

That is EXACTLY what I have on order and hope to have installed next week! Glad to hear the favorable report. Just waiting on the sensors now...

I'll add in that the new xIce SNOW are amazing with the car. I tested them in about 7 to 8 inches of fresh new snow and had no problem stopping, starting, flooring it, pulling away slowly, etc. I was amazed how well they did. Even though I was in a parking lot only about a 5 minute walk from my house I took a shovel with me and was nervous about coming to a stop in the untouched lot because I didn't want to get stuck, the snow was that deep. Turned out it was so undramatic, just a normal action of pulling away from a stop plus some traction control.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung