Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bringing back the Sunday drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
drivers.jpg
drivers II.jpg
drivers III.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

tesla line.jpg
north bridge.jpg

May 19 - I would truly love to be there. Only four days after delivery for me! But coming from Hingham, it's kicking up my range anxiety, as someone who has never had more than a test drive in the car of the future. Advice on how to make sure I get there and back in a reasonable amount of time? It's all new to me...

From Hingham to Newbury is 50 miles. The drive is about 50 miles, and another 50 home. This trip is safely inside the Model S range--normal charge for a 85kWh, range charge for a 60kWh if you want to be super careful. As a further anxiety mitigation, drive up early to the Joppa Flats center, plug in, and watch the enormous variety of seabirds on the bay. Bring your binoculars!

One thing I noticed from the inaugural drive is that I came in well under the rated use line. We had a few rocket launches here and there, but for the most part, it was smooth comfortable coasting that was very easy on the battery.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Great pictures above and the other ones that were posted previously-many thanks. The drive was indeed smooth, and easy and the battery-maybe a little too easy, due to the logging trucks and bikers. But now that you've seen that route, may I recommend it to you during a non-bike rush-hour time, such as a weekday, morning or early afternoon. Here's the route we did for those who made it and those who could not:

Leave Lexington Center on main street, passing the battle green, leaving it on your right.
Route 2A to Concord, through the national Park, Concord Center to Monument Street.
Monument Street past the old North bridge up until a stop sign at 225, turn left
225 hits a rotary in Carlisle, turn right, eat lunch at Fern's.
Head North on Lowell Road, left on Curve Street, eventually joins 225, take a sharp right.
Follow 225 all the way until a second stoplight, Powers road, turning left onto Powers road.
At the end of Powers Road, turn right, and then take an immediate left onto Shaker Street.
Find your way to Nancy's Airfield Café by way of Summer Street.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I can get to my computer instead of the cell phone.
As much as, at the Roadster Rally in NYC in 2009, I could just imagine and look forward to the day when more than a dozen MS's would cruise together near Boston, I can just imagine DOZENS of MS's cruising the Masachusetts shoreline next month.

We are still at the very beginning of something great. Let's really enjoy this moment in Tesla-Time.

Lexington Center, where The rEVolution begins:

DSC_1188.jpg

DSC_1197.jpg

DSC_1190.jpg

The First New England S-Fest begins to gather...

DSC_1205.jpg

Now we know where Signature Red Comes from...

DSC_1207.jpg

I think there's a how-to video here somewhere...

DSC_1209.jpg

GQ Magazine, or on Furlough from nearby Concord State, hard to tell.

DSC_1210.jpg

Consultation with a Regular.

DSC_1215.jpg

Peace is made upon the bridge, not a shot is fired, the British surrender and Elon is King.

DSC_1217.jpg

Bling.

DSC_1218.jpg

S's in a U, near the North Bridge.

DSC_1220.jpg

Lunch at Fern's - perfect day.

DSC_1222.jpg

Daffodils in yellow, Green, Blue, and Signature Red...

DSC_1224.jpg

Motore Trend 11-12-12: "And it looks great, especially from the rear."

DSC_1226.jpg

Three cheers for the Model S in Red, White, and Blue. Note that the saturation is not changed. This is Tesla, in Old Glory.

DSC_1228.jpg

DSC_1229.jpg

Nothin' but time on a Sunday Drive...

Attachments

• DSC_1225.jpg
    DSC_1225.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 358
Last edited:
DSC_1231.jpg

View from the front - those are all S's

DSC_1232.jpg

DSC_1234.jpg

DSC_1236.jpg

Oops - the best laid plans...

DSC_1237.jpg

Amie, Tesla CFO 2017

DSC_1242.jpg

A Signature Moment.

DSC_1244.jpg

Daniel...planning...

DSC_1248.jpg

A picture is worth a million words. And sometimes dollars.

DSC_1253.jpg

News hits that the parcel shelf is available.

DSC_1260.jpg

DSC_1262.jpg

DSC_1263.jpg

DSC_1265.jpg

And suddenly, Chaos Abounds.

DSC_1267.jpg

They, and we, are imagining what THEY will be driving...

DSC_1268.jpg

Tesla Yoga becomes a sudden new trend.

DSC_1271.jpg

Tesla's being put in the shape of a Trident Gum "T". Wait, that's not right..

DSC_1273.jpg

Multiple Deductibles at Major Risk

DSC_1274.jpg

Just sweet to look at.

Last edited:
DSC_1275.jpg

Brian33, reflecting upon a Model S

DSC_1276.jpg

This has never been done before. I mean, who would LET someone do this with these cars? Do not let Elon see this. We will all be grounded.

DSC_1277.jpg

Treeva, ready to gun it.

DSC_1279.jpg

Robert.Boston, Mayor of Natick, MA, 2017

DSC_1282.jpg

The Tesla "T", eponymous in S's. (Daniel, this is amazing. Lest any of us doubt you again.)

DSC_1287.jpg

It's a key party and owners claim any car before heading back.
A really nice day - "And so say we: Tap into America" (Ian Faith, 1985).
Thanks again to all for making it happen. Two for the road:
DSC_1200.jpg

DSC_1199.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 21149
The Tesla "T", eponymous in S's. (Daniel, this is amazing. Lest any of us doubt you again.)

I think this is my favorite picture of a group of Teslas ever. Great job guys! Good job planning this Jim! Someday (when I purchase the Gen III), I hope to join you all.

Someone with a twitter account should tweet this picture with @ElonMusk and @TeslaMotors copied. Maybe they'll retweet it.