TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bringing back the Sunday drive

Discussion in 'New England' started by ModelS1079, Mar 28, 2013.

1. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

Wow. Great idea. Do not know if I can make it on short notice. Coaching soccer and season beginning now. Could perhaps catch the end and then drive?

2. Tslagrl

Tslagrl Member

I won't have my car by 15th unfortunately, but I'll keep following these threads in the hope I'll be able to make a gathering/drive fairly soon!

3. bhuwan

bhuwan Supporting Member

You can ride with one of us!

4. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

Guys -

Can we make this official and start a list of those who want to come? Lets get a nice large Tesla area going!

I am prepared and ready to come... Plan on driving up the day before and staying in Plymouth and charging up overnight at the public charger they have there. I know you've charged there bhuwan - any issues?

Aaron

5. bhuwan

bhuwan Supporting Member

None whatsoever. It's in a secluded spot, but that's a good thing.

6. HiTech

HiTech Member

#126 HiTech, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    Been trying to post this for several days... hope it works this time.
    There is also a Harvard Fall Festival (town of Harvard, not university). They have a car show on Sunday the 15th of Sept, from 10am - 3pm. I asked the contact person if we can bring Teslas for the show and he was very excited.
    The Cars and Copters idea is really good too. How about we try to merge them? Say we start off with the Cars and Copters showing around 9am, stay for couple of hours (while other Tesla owners show up), then do a drive from Plymouth to Harvard. This is approximately 80 mile one-way drive.
    Thoughts?

By the way, for those that need a bit of an extra charge, I have a NEMA 14-50 at home you are welcome to use.

7. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

#127 aaron.s, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    Most likely not doable for me... I need my charge (after staying overnight) to get back to Milford CT and then home to Westchester, NY.... Where those Providence and MA Superchargers?!

Aaron

*** ALL ***

Please see my separate sticky post about Cars & Copters and post if you plan to attend and I'll add you to the list!

Aaron

8. bhuwan

bhuwan Supporting Member

who's bringing the coffee? with an hour drive, and the event starting at 9am, I 'll probably have no sleep, LOL

9. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

Since I will be staying overnight - I could pick up coffee in the morning ;-)

Aaron

10. bhuwan

bhuwan Supporting Member

Technically you could do Harvard - charge at my place, I have new fuses so you should get 50+ miles an hour?

11. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

Single charger :-(

I'm thinking I should remedy that now - even though there aren't a lot of places to charge at greater than 30 amps...

Aaron

12. HiTech

HiTech Member

Just want to say again: People are welcome to use the NEMA 14-50 charger at my house. Easily get you 50miles in couple of hours.
    I plan on being at the Cars and Copters around 9am, then take off in about an hour or so, to head on over to the Harvard Fall Festival.
    Please let me know if you plan on joining.
    Regards.

13. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

If there was something on the Saturday of that weekend...I can't do Sunday...argh!

14. bhuwan

bhuwan Supporting Member

I may do the same thing.

15. DEinspanjer

DEinspanjer Member

If anyone would like to use our meetup.com site to coordinate RSVPs and such, I would be happy to create the event and make you a host so you'd be able to coordinate. Just let me know.

16. bhuwan

bhuwan Supporting Member

Let's do it.

17. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

Working on getting to this. Aaron time place please. If my charger helps all welcome. NEMA 14-50, near route 2 where it meets 495 in MA.

18. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

Jim

Its at 9am at the Plymouth Municipal Airport:

Plymouth Municipal Airport
    246 South Meadow Road
    Plymouth, MA 02360

See the other sticky thread in this forum... We're going to stay there for 2 hours (9-11am) then head up to Harvard, MA for the Fall Festival!

Aaron

19. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

Hoping for Harvard, maybe Plymouth. Great.

20. bhuwan

bhuwan Supporting Member