TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Brisbane Showroom and Service Centre

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by garyjac, Jan 14, 2017.

1. garyjac

garyjac Member

The development application and full plans are available on the Brisbane City Council site. Development Application for a Sales and Service Centre at 1058 to 1062 Ann Street Fortitude Valley, including 4 Superchargers. PD Online - Application Enquiry

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  2. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

Yaaaay - good stuf - etc

• Like x 1
  3. garyjac

garyjac Member

Ah, you mean...about bloody time ?

4. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Looks good!

Are you sure the chargers are superchargers - not HPWCs? Doesn't specify in the plan - although you would expect if HPWCs there would be a LOT more than four.

5. garyjac

garyjac Member

Only operational intuition so far about SCs based on the fact that all other service centres have superchargers.

6. diesel

diesel Member

Thanks for the info. Just the fact that there will be four Superchargers is a great thing and will complete the Melbourne To Brisbane East Coast corridor.

7. diesel

diesel Member

Looking at the Artarmon SC in Sydney they have a whole bunch of HPWC's to the rear of the building in the service area and the Superchargers in front of the Sales area. I would be surprised if they didn't do something similar for Brisbane.

• Informative x 1
  8. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

Looks like from the plans (not that I'm that good at reading plans), the lounge could be 24/7 access.

• Like x 2
  9. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Superchargers confirmed: from the 'Town planning report' PDF:

10. SR22DRIVER

SR22DRIVER Member

Really great news for South East Queensland. Not a bad location either, being adjacent to other major stores, although I personally dislike driving to the central Fortitude Valley. At least Tesla will now have a fixed base local presence.

Thank you Tesla.

• Like x 1
  11. lennier

lennier Member

I recall reading somewhere that all new Tesla SCs were being built with 24/7 lounges, with the Melbourne one being one of (if not the) first.

• Like x 1
  12. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

• Like x 1
  13. garyjac

garyjac Member

I wonder how they'll manage 24/7 secure access to lounge/supercharger in that part of the world. Superchargers might be in a locked basement there.

14. PaulW

PaulW Member

The Fortitude Valley Police Station is only 500 metres away!

15. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

C'mon Ray, show some emotion please! Is not this development life changing?:D

16. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Not all. However, among the first was the one in Blue Ash, Ohio, USA next to Cincinnati. I stopped there soon after it opened the same day that I downloaded AP-1 for the very first time. Thus teh experience is indelibly printed in my brain. I have been at a couple Supercharger/SC combinations that opened later that do not have 24/7 lounge access. My guess is that Tesla may have country or location-specific policies. Blue Ash, for example, is quite a long way from the nearest amenities.

17. garyjac

garyjac Member

Police Station only 500 metres away -- almost guarantees less security...in fact, I mean secure access. Not every visitor can have a "key to the door" especially if passing through at odd hours. I wonder of they can match it to the key fobs?

18. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

In Melbourne, you have to know a 4 digit code or get there when another owner is in the lounge.

19. garyjac

garyjac Member

Fair enough, but what happens when the code "becomes well known" ?

20. thimel

thimel Member

At such lounges in the U.S. the code is displayed on the 17" console. This would make it easy to change.