Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bristol delivery collection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had any news on what the situation is with delivery’s that had been scheduled at Bristol this week? Any offers of deliveries instead?
I spoke to Bristol this morning. Unlike others I actually spoke to someone who was there rather than a random Dutch person in a call centre.

Deliveries don't appear to be an option at the moment. The lady I spoke to said that they are operating a "zero touch" handover. You turn up and then call them and one of them will come out to meet you, and presumably keep their distance. I didn't get the impression that it was radically different from the "low touch" handover they were previously talking about in the store.

The store and almost all of The Mall is obviously closed.

Obviously that could change in the coming days if absolutely every customer facing business gets shut down.

I've just had a call from Bristol to say that the transporter is stuck at the dock. They're looking at alternative ways of getting the cars to people.

Probably only affects cars that would've been collected from tomorrow onwards?

My delivery date has vanished from my account, but hidden VIN still in the source.

Collected my car today at 4:00pm. I was told this was the last one going out then they were closing due to deliveries from Southampton being cancelled. Even though it was a no contact collection, it was an excellent service, the car was excellently prepared with 76% charge for me. Dylan could not be more helpful. Well done Tesla Bristol you were great and the car is great, pity I won’t be using it much for the foreseeable future due to the lockdown.

Reactions: Durzel and 94jdh
Anyone had a private plate made up by Tesla Bristol SC?

I asked them this morning if I could get some and the guy said they don't make them there, but he sounded so disinterested in speaking to me that I thought I'd get confirmation on here...

Anyone had a private plate made up by Tesla Bristol SC?

I asked them this morning if I could get some and the guy said they don't make them there, but he sounded so disinterested in speaking to me that I thought I'd get confirmation on here...
Yes; I had my private plate made up at Bristol. They also fitted and very kindly did all at no change (though I also bought the Frunk mat and 32a adapter). This was back in October.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Bristol delivered my car yesterday. Model S Performance, originally planned for Bristol collection. Had text last Friday saying I could collect from Heathrow before end of month, phoned them and said can't do that (I'm in Swansea) so they said they'd try to get it to Bristol or deliver. Monday Bristol said it was there, I still wasn't happy to drive to Bristol to collect so they delivered. No transporter, one of them drove it over.

Yes, me too. I'd sort of given up on it when the lockdown began. Took me a while to get excited about it to be honest, I forced myself to accept it might not happen till I saw it actually on the drive.

Now it's here though I'm loving it. Surprised how much better it seems than my 2017 90D S. It helps that it's a Performance of course, and I'm loving the pearlescent white with white seats/carbon black interior. Better quality feel all round though, panel gaps great, paintwork excellent, all the chrome trims line up etc. Suspension a marked improvement - much comfier ride, handles the bumps much better, also better handling in the twisties, feels better damped. Seats are a big improvement too, softer and more lateral support.

Open car park. But it's fine, really. Nothing to be nervous about.

Mine had a few issues, all sorted at service centre. Courtesy car, uber vouchers, etc.

A world apart from my ownership experience with Audi which was shockingly bad in all respects.

Open car park. But it's fine, really. Nothing to be nervous about.

Mine had a few issues, all sorted at service centre. Courtesy car, uber vouchers, etc.

A world apart from my ownership experience with Audi which was shockingly bad in all respects.
Btc1k - Were the issues sorted out on the day of collection or on a future visit? Also, I'm 200 miles plus away from bristol and noticed the inspection window is 100 miles, how would this work, especially if it's raining?

Btc1k - Were the issues sorted out on the day of collection or on a future visit? Also, I'm 200 miles plus away from bristol and noticed the inspection window is 100 miles, how would this work, especially if it's raining?
I guess the 100 miles is any major cosmetic issues on delivery?

I found items within the first 1000 miles or so (2/3 weeks) - all sorted under warranty. They were great in fixing everything.