Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

British Columbia, Canada: EVs now allowed to access HOV lanes!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news today. Katrina at the Vancouver Tesla service center emailed out to owners today to tell us that the province of British Columbia, Canada is now allowing EVs to access the HOV lanes regardless of the number of passengers! It looks similar to the California program where you need a decal.

Here's the link:

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/t...tes-and-driving-conditions/hov-lanes/electric

Great news! Even better if they were able to grant a brand exemption to Tesla since by definition, all Teslas are EVs but I'll take it!

And in more news... Alberta still doesn't have any HOV lanes. Then again, we don't have a lot of congestion compared to BC and ON.

Good news for BC and EV owners.
We do have HOV lanes, not many, and not long, but they exist. For example Centre St N in Calgary has an HOV lane at rush hour.

It's really too bad they went with the sticker program, I bet as an out of province EV driver I'm not eligible to drive in the HOV lane when I visit.