Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

British Columbia's EV Charger Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a bit new to it all so I am not sure the history of any top-ups with the program. But since ending in February 28th, does anyone know or think that this program will be renewed for residential installs? I'm just debating if it is something I should wait for while making due with community chargers, or I should just go ahead with an install as soon as I receive my new Tesla :)

This is just a guess, but the fact that they let it expire without a renewal plan to me suggests a plan to let it go or do something different. No idea.
I am sure glad I got mine in on time, even if I haven't seen the rebate come back yet. It wasn't a huge rebate, but I sure do like rebates.

From that web page: “Owners or residents of single-family homes that purchase and install an eligible Level 2 EV charger can receive a rebate of up to 50% of costs, to a maximum of $350. This offer is also available to duplexes and townhouses with private garages or dedicated parking. “

I wonder why the program does not include condo owners. I believe that recent condo construction is required to include L2 chargers in parking spaces, but for older condos it seems like that rebate would be helpful for owners.