Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broder debunking anniversary run?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CatB

Supporting Member
Anybody interested in doing a repeat debunking run? He did his drive on 1/23-24, which is Thurs & Fri in 2014, so maybe that weekend 25th and 26th? My car arrived late March, so I missed the first one. We may have enough vehicles in the area this year to do a few staggered caravans so we don't queue up too much at the SCs.

Great seeing and meeting so many of you at the Glen Allen SC opening - and since I'm not likely to make Katie's in the cold, dark winter, I'm thinking this might be something to look forward to :).

Please don't. Or, at least please don't create constant reminders about foolishness on the part of reporters.
There is no reason to dredge up arguments haters will use.

As for an annual extended trip/caravan, awesome idea. Just don't put Border's name in it.

It does seem ill-advised to revisit that episode, especially considering that the east coast remains somewhat SC-thin compared with the west coast and that situation can be a public perception liability until it is corrected. Perhaps even better would be if someone would undertake a Canada to Florida run and report on it, mirroring the recent "Mexico to Canada" run reported from the west coast. Ideally this would highlight the capability that is in place and serve to maintain gentle pressure on Tesla to complete SC stations in NJ and New England.

All -

Stay tuned...

Although we won't be repeating the same road trip again, Lanny and I are putting together what I think will be a GREAT @TeslaRoadTrip anniversary event in the DC area for many of us to enjoy!

"All Superchargers Lead to DC"

Aaron

Staying tuned, in the DC area. I'll be doing a road trip to Maine from DC, but not until next summer. Am hoping for a New England SC to appear by then.

All -

Stay tuned...

Although we won't be repeating the same road trip again, Lanny and I are putting together what I think will be a GREAT @TeslaRoadTrip anniversary event in the DC area for many of us to enjoy!

"All Superchargers Lead to DC"

Aaron

Aaron--

Presume you'll start a new thread for that event?

John, All -

I will of course - in the main forum. Lanny, I and the rest of the original @TeslaRoadTrip participants are hashing out the overall details, then we'll post on TMC for additional input from all of you.

Lanny has picked a hotel and arranged a special rate and identified 14 Public chargers within walking distance and will also be identifying additional chargers within walking distance.

We hope to have some things to do as a group and I'd also like to have us all gather all our cars in some public space for perhaps a public Model S "forum" to show the public.

We're looking to do this on the anniversary of the original road trip - the weekend of February 15/16th!

Aaron

Thanks Aaron.

I will be doing some more logistical groundwork this week for the @TeslaRoadTrip anniversary.

JohnQ, I hope you can participate. It was you, Cinergy and timdorr that helped inspire the idea for what we are planning for President's Day weekend. Mark your calendars for February 15-17, 2014

@TeslaRoadTrip 2014 - "All Superchargers Lead to DC"

Lanny

John, All -

I will of course - in the main forum. Lanny, I and the rest of the original @TeslaRoadTrip participants are hashing out the overall details, then we'll post on TMC for additional input from all of you.

Lanny has picked a hotel and arranged a special rate and identified 14 Public chargers within walking distance and will also be identifying additional chargers within walking distance.

We hope to have some things to do as a group and I'd also like to have us all gather all our cars in some public space for perhaps a public Model S "forum" to show the public.

We're looking to do this on the anniversary of the original road trip - the weekend of February 15/16th!

Aaron

Count me in if I'm not traveling at the time planned.

I'm staying tuned as well. I'm already planning a trip from DC to central NJ that weekend. Depending on the caravan size, timing, and logistics, I might either join the caravan or purposefully avoid any potential supercharger congestion in DE (and Edison if it's open by then). :)

I'm staying tuned as well. I'm already planning a trip from DC to central NJ that weekend. Depending on the caravan size, timing, and logistics, I might either join the caravan or purposefully avoid any potential supercharger congestion in DE (and Edison if it's open by then). :)

All -

Going through a draft of the announcement now. Plan on posting to a new thread in the main forum on Wednesday. Again, the @TeslaRoadTrip 2014 will take place on the weekend of February 15-17th.

We (as organizers) are not planning a caravan - however if others choose to caravan down (or up!) to DC they certainly can. We are planning that people will drive down Saturday during the day and start congregating at the hotel - we'll all see if we can gather at the hotel bar/lounge area that evening. Sunday we are planning a drive with some sort of gathering/brunch and perhaps a dinner in the evening, leaving the afternoon for people to again congregate, chat and meet each other - and of course charge their cars!

People can choose to leave for home Sunday evening or on Monday (president's day). The logistics of having a lot of road trippers and managing charging (there are 14 public chargers within a few blocks of the hotel - many others a short drive away) may be daunting and we are putting together a list of those chargers and more within a short driving distance. We will also reach out to locals to (hopefully) offer up their personal chargers to help the cause. We (may) have to limit the number of road trippers that are coming from long distances to be able to manage this.

I plan on going down in early January to work with Lanny and some of the original @TeslaRoadTrip participants to scope out and test all the local chargers. Once I post the announcement on Wednesday, we'll start compiling a list of people that want to come (road trippers and local day trippers) and also solicit suggestions for things to do while at the gathering.

Be on the lookout for the new post in the main forum in Wednesday!

Aaron