Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broke my back headlight and bumper while trying to parallel park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Cerebralblue - You are in Los Angeles, should not be an issue finding a place to get it fixed. I dont have one to recommend, but check out yelp or browse here for others that had to take it to get it fixed. I feel about insurance, This is what I got quotes for my model 3 from AAA, $400 a month and i am deep in my 30's and had license since 16 and clean record for last 5 plus years. Dont know what will be cheaper for you, also depends on your premium and etc. 3 week in sucks, but car i still drive-able and damage looks some minor cosmetic to the bumper and of course replace rear assembly. Even though you are in LA, dont want too long, you want to get it fixed before the rain, dont want water getting in there.

As a small update: I went to Avio Coach Craft in LA this morning, they quoted $3768.

Trunk has to be replaced, bumper, tail light, and they have to repaint the back left and right side of the car so it matches the new trunk.

I'll go see other body shops and see what they say. If I decide to just to the taillight and bumper it would be $1500.

Lead software engineer at age 18.

My man. I'm a software engineer too.

Welcome to American auto hell. For ever wheel on the road there are 3 vultures out there waiting -- all the way from the parts makers to the dump. Parasites. Like barnacles on a ship hull.

At least with an EV they won't have the opportunity to be scalping you on, say, upgrading your EGR valve tertiary bypass sub-assembly at $620 plus installation, or replacing all your valve cover torque-annealing smorkenfiers at $197.50 each. I wonder if it wouldn't pay to look for a smashed-up Model3 as a reservoir of parts.

And heaven forbid you actually touch a person. They'd be going to the racetrack in a neck brace for years.