Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems that my app is broken (android). As of about a week ago, the only thing being reported is solar generation. PTO was in July 21. Completely missing home usage and what is being sent to the grid. This happened once before, last year, and fixed itself within a day or two on its own, from my memory. I have a very basic system. 2 Tesla inverters, 2 Neurios, and no PW's. The system is tied into my electric service in front of my whole house generator ATS (between my service meter and ATS).

Opened up a support ticket via the app on 10/4, with the standard "We will contact you within 3 business days". No surprise, still waiting for that contact.

Did an online chat the morning of 10/17. They made some changes on their end, told me to log out and log back into the app, and then wait 24 hours. 24 hours later, still the same. Did another chat on the morning of 10/18, this time they said its getting sent to tier 2 support, with an estimated 20 day turn around time.

I also have uninstalled/installed the app and logged out/in a dozen times in the past week. I also power cycled all the Tesla/Neurio equipment 3 times. This issue seems to have aligned with a change I noticed in the app, where I can input my utility provider and what plan I am on. I am pretty sure I lost the usage data right around the time I was messing with the utility settings. Guess I am now stuck in the Tesla service quagmire.

Old screen shot.
Screenshot_20220403-155755_Tesla.jpg

Current View
Screenshot_20221012_103353.jpg

Have you made any changes to your wifi network?

I would first suspect either your neurio has failed, or it has lost wifi connection.
Nothing changed to my wifi. I can see both inverters joined to the network and flowing data. They certainly are, since the reported output of the system matches what I historically see with the current weather.

When I power cycled the equipment I actually cycled each neurio independently. Each showed/sounded the correct beeping and light sequence. My gut tells me its something broken on the back end in Tesla's servers. If I had a bad Neurio, then at least the app would show 0 values for consumption and what is being sent to the grid. Now all I have is production to the house, which indicates a tesla server/interface with my app issue.

Edit - Additionally, all the historic home usage and grid data is missing. Only historic data in the app (since PTO) is production. Another reason I lean towards a server issue on my account.

Closing the loop on this.

After a few online chats, I was escalated to the tier 2 team. A few weeks went by and they emailed me saying they made changes on their end and to check the app. App was still broken. Provided screen shots.

A few days passed and I got a service request email. Scheduled the service call. Fast forward to today. A truck was rolled, the tech was extremely nice. He worked his magic with the support team. Said all the inverters were passing the correct data to Tesla. Turns out there was some "device" registered to my account that was never installed/hooked up. He didn't tell me what that device was, as he probably wasn't told by the tech team . For some reason the app/my account eventually defaulted to that device, and since it was offline/never installed, it just blanked out the home usage and utility data. No idea why it took a year and half for that issue to pop up.

Crazy that they rolled a truck for a programming issue, but I am glad its sorted out. Good news is all my historical data is still in the app, including what was missing for the past month.

On a side note. My system is performing much better than Tesla's original estimate. Year 1 estimate from Tesla was 13.233kWh. YTD I am at 13.8kWh. Lifetime 22kWh. PTO July 21.

RC

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder